Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot(IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Shouler a

Just saying this is one of my top favorite threads on here, I can't believe it is at 4 stars I rated it at 5 I will be very sad when this one is over I love following it.

Long live Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot(IM3) Pepakura Files!

Re: Jackieisrockin's Iron Patriot(IM3) Pepakura Files! Links in first post! Shouler a

I am just loving this thread. Does anyone know the complete movement of the cannon? Also does the top barrel of the cannon retract into itself when being fired? GM

Very little is known. I've referenced available pics constantly while modeling and still a lot of it's guesswork. I've settled on these assumptions:
1-Cannon base travels along rear track. Makes sense, arm base is centered over track in photos, and explains cannon mobility over both shoulders.
2- The cannon arm has a parallel rotation point at each end. Allows the cannon to orbit around the base while keeping it level. The upper axis is visible in photos.
3- Cannon has a tilt and pan mount. Tilt assembly is visible in photos, pan (as SPYDWAR mentioned) needed to swivel aim left/right
4- Base hinge. This is a guess, but it would allow the arm and cannon to swing away from the back. Not necessary, but the papparazi photos hint at this. IP flying in Superman form would need this depending on where the cannon was riding in the track.
Sorry for the poor descriptions. When I finish the V2 base and arm it will make a lot more sense. I also have a two-servo setup that will let peeps on the cheap automate this without a lot of electronics know-how.

No idea of barrel retraction, etc... It's gotta have some extra effects to it though, I don't see Marvel or the studio making it static. As always I'll post up any new pics or video as it comes in :thumbsup

I am just loving this thread. Does anyone know the complete movement of the cannon? Also does the top barrel of the cannon retract into itself when being fired? GM

hey murdoch I believe most think that it is a 5 axis in the arm itself but from looking at the one Laellee model I believe that a 4 axis with the ability to change sides would more than do the trick. Oh I quess since it would go from side to side across the back that would make it a 5 axis. So the general discussion on the subject would put it at 6 axis however 5 would work.

Very little is known. I've referenced available pics constantly while modeling and still a lot of it's guesswork. I've settled on these assumptions:
1-Cannon base travels along rear track. Makes sense, arm base is centered over track in photos, and explains cannon mobility over both shoulders.
2- The cannon arm has a parallel rotation point at each end. Allows the cannon to orbit around the base while keeping it level. The upper axis is visible in photos.
3- Cannon has a tilt and pan mount. Tilt assembly is visible in photos, pan (as SPYDWAR mentioned) needed to swivel aim left/right
4- Base hinge. This is a guess, but it would allow the arm and cannon to swing away from the back. Not necessary, but the papparazi photos hint at this. IP flying in Superman form would need this depending on where the cannon was riding in the track.
Sorry for the poor descriptions. When I finish the V2 base and arm it will make a lot more sense. I also have a two-servo setup that will let peeps on the cheap automate this without a lot of electronics know-how.

Nicely layed out you have obviously been putting allot of thought into this looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Is the shin properly scaled? The foam unfold version. I think it's too small. Finished the thigh and moved on to the shin, nearly done with it then I measured it and saw it was fairly small.
486980_528593253818339_165851874_n.jpg

Will try another scale later and see if it works and I'll update jackie and gaiatron about it. Or just post it here.

If the projectile being fired from the cannon is purple (as seen in from the rail gun in transformers 2) You could really go a long way with lasers in the cannon, may a button somewhere on your glove setting them off. Imagine at comicon costume contests, lights low and your cannon (with warning sticker) goes off.

Is the shin properly scaled? The foam unfold version. I think it's too small. Finished the thigh and moved on to the shin, nearly done with it then I measured it and saw it was fairly small.
486980_528593253818339_165851874_n.jpg

Will try another scale later and see if it works and I'll update jackie and gaiatron about it. Or just post it here.

Here's a whole leg (in paper though) at 393.5 scale with a measuring tape. I don't know if this helps since your in foam, but for scale perspective there you go. The second shot is just a comparative perspective of the full legs(with a garbage camera :thumbsup) Good luck

measuredleg.JPG

Teragon and everyone else- Would i mind 3d printing of my suit files? Absolutely not! I think that would just be the best thing ever! Go ahead and 3d print, CNC, or whatever else there is on any part you want! The only permission you would need is if you intend to upload the 3d print files on shapeways for selling :) Looking forward to see your progress!

Spydwar- Thank you very much! I dont think the thread will be over too soon :) Remember, these files are not 100% (or even 90%) accurate, due to lack of pics. So i think ill do what Darkside501st did and release these for now and a V2 set of files later on as more pics come out :)

Quovadis0920- That tutorial would be great! Thanks! :thumbsup And about the shin: It is not too small dont worry :). Keep in mind that pretty much the rest of the bottom of the shin is a bunch of different flaps that cover the boot. In the picture, the red circled area shows what is left to model. Notice how high up the bottom of the shin is instead of going all the way down (the little blue circle should be about where the ankle should actually be.) As long as the thigh and shin are at the same scale, it is correct.
View attachment 131312
It may look small, but yours looks just fine :)

Laellee- Looks great! Keep it up! :thumbsup

Here's a whole leg (in paper though) at 393.5 scale with a measuring tape. I don't know if this helps since your in foam, but for scale perspective there you go. The second shot is just a comparative perspective of the full legs(with a garbage camera :thumbsup) Good luck

measuredleg.JPG

Quovadis0920- That tutorial would be great! Thanks! :thumbsup And about the shin: It is not too small dont worry :). Keep in mind that pretty much the rest of the bottom of the shin is a bunch of different flaps that cover the boot. In the picture, the red circled area shows what is left to model. Notice how high up the bottom of the shin is instead of going all the way down (the little blue circle should be about where the ankle should actually be.) As long as the thigh and shin are at the same scale, it is correct.
View attachment 131312
It may look small, but yours looks just fine :)

Thank you for the help.

Don't worry, these new method that I'm using is pretty easy to use. Even the outside part of the piece will look fiberglass-ed once finsihed :$

Hey Jackie,
FYI shoulder bells went together well, thanks for the unfold Ironleoman. I've gotta wait 'til I reinforce them to see the range of motion with/without hinging, but they look good. Nice work :thumbsup

Hey Jackie,
FYI shoulder bells went together well, thanks for the unfold Ironleoman. I've gotta wait 'til I reinforce them to see the range of motion with/without hinging, but they look good. Nice work :thumbsup

How?! How do you do it?! You pep so fast! Great job!

Spydwar- Thank you very much! I dont think the thread will be over too soon :) Remember, these files are not 100% (or even 90%) accurate, due to lack of pics. So i think ill do what Darkside501st did and release these for now and a V2 set of files later on as more pics come out :)

Laellee- Looks great! Keep it up! :thumbsup

Doesn't have to be 100% to be a work of art that others can appreciate. lots of people on here improvise and it still comes out great (y)D

Thank you for your hard work mate, these are great

hey murdoch I believe most think that it is a 5 axis in the arm itself but from looking at the one Laellee model I believe that a 4 axis with the ability to change sides would more than do the trick. Oh I quess since it would go from side to side across the back that would make it a 5 axis. So the general discussion on the subject would put it at 6 axis however 5 would work.

A quick nubie question if you don't mind. The term "axis" is that type of movement? Now you may laugh. Thanx... GM

Doesn't have to be 100% to be a work of art that others can appreciate. lots of people on here improvise and it still comes out great (y)D

Even though not much picture to go on but the effort count.. Good job everyone :thumbup::thumbup:

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Hi I was waiting for all the parts before I start the suit because I wanted to assemble every part in pepakura like in this TUTORIAL How to Scale a pep file - YouTube

Well I figured that this will help me in my scaling of the hole suit in one shot but I cant seem to assemble the body
So I have 2 questions if possible
1- Is how do I assemble all the parts of the suit in pepakura
2- Or just help me figure out my proper scale if Im 5 feet 10 inches tall

Thanks alot for the files
and aslo thanks to anybody that could just point in good directions

Lol I tried it again and again and now I was able to assemble Iron Patriot in Pepapkura
So THX anyways I figured it out AND THE FILES ARE AMAZING

Hi I was waiting for all the parts before I start the suit because I wanted to assemble every part in pepakura like in this TUTORIAL How to Scale a pep file - YouTube

Well I figured that this will help me in my scaling of the hole suit in one shot but I cant seem to assemble the body
So I have 2 questions if possible
1- Is how do I assemble all the parts of the suit in pepakura
2- Or just help me figure out my proper scale if Im 5 feet 10 inches tall

Thanks alot for the files
and aslo thanks to anybody that could just point in good directions

Jackieisrockin
By the way thx again for all the hard work and for sharing
Ok with all the scaling questions going around
I wanted to point out that the shin is not the proper scale (The default one)
And also with your permission
I have rescaled every part of Iron Patriot thats in youre first page to the height of a guy 5 feet 10 inches. And did some moving in pepakura to save on paper.
So if this could help anybody I could share Jackie files to fit a person 5`10
Or if any body needs help with the scaling I dont mind

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back