Jackieisrockin's IM3 Iron Patriot Pepakura Files! V2 files coming soon!

amazing work dadpool!

what color paint for the blue did you use? doesnt look like foam, so you did a great job there!

amazing work dadpool!

what color paint for the blue did you use? doesnt look like foam, so you did a great job there!

thanks Torx... its a standard automotive metallic paint, it's called "winning blue" here in Australia, the code for it is pj8430, it brightens up alot in the sunlight, in shade it darkens a couple of shades. it was the closest to a gunmetal blue i could find.

Last edited:
This is going to be my very first build. I'm thinking pep the helmet, and I'll use foam for the rest. My question comes to pep. When scaling, do you scale every piece the same? For example for 5'10, the scale on the height is 365 (rounded up). So when you open the upper torso, you set the height to 365, and the lower torso also to 365? Is this correct? The work here is fantastic, and I'm nervous and excited to get started all at the same time. Deadpool.....WOW is all I can say about yours, that is my goal :) Thank you in advance everyone.

What is this "docs rondo" method you speak of? Because that is some clean looking foam work that looks fantastic!

thanks :D rondo is basically bondo (or other light car body filler) mixed with regular fiberglass resin, normally at around a 50/50 ratio. then u just brush it onto the sealed foam, because it is quite thin it should smoothly run over the foam and leave each coat quite smooth and even, u do need to sand to get it perfect. it does make the suit heavier and stiffer, it also makes it stronger... not nearly as strong as a fiberglass suit but its pretty good. i wont rondo the whole suit just the main areas like helmet, chest, shoulders, and forearms... maybe the boots for strength.

here is a pick of my completely foam from head to toe but rondo'd iron man mk 4 duo.JPG

thanks :D rondo is basically bondo (or other light car body filler) mixed with regular fiberglass resin, normally at around a 50/50 ratio. then u just brush it onto the sealed foam, because it is quite thin it should smoothly run over the foam and leave each coat quite smooth and even, u do need to sand to get it perfect. it does make the suit heavier and stiffer, it also makes it stronger... not nearly as strong as a fiberglass suit but its pretty good. i wont rondo the whole suit just the main areas like helmet, chest, shoulders, and forearms... maybe the boots for strength.

here is a pick of my completely foam from head to toe but rondo'd iron man mk 4 View attachment 268597

Holy smokes that's nice. I would never peg that as foam. So you do the PVA coats and then the rondo and everything sticks no issue? I'm apprehensive because I used a thin craft foam and the pieces had little strength. And when I coated them in PVA they curled up a bit and also had crack when I moved them. Was it an issue with the thickness you think?

Holy smokes that's nice. I would never peg that as foam. So you do the PVA coats and then the rondo and everything sticks no issue? I'm apprehensive because I used a thin craft foam and the pieces had little strength. And when I coated them in PVA they curled up a bit and also had crack when I moved them. Was it an issue with the thickness you think?

hmmmn? I don't know if that will work or not sorry... I used 6mm eva foam which is quite strong anyway... if you say the glue is making it curl i think the rondo might not be strong enough on its own to stop it from bending and breaking?

hmmmn? I don't know if that will work or not sorry... I used 6mm eva foam which is quite strong anyway... if you say the glue is making it curl i think the rondo might not be strong enough on its own to stop it from bending and breaking?

Yeah that makes sense I think I need a thicker foam for it to keep shape and hold up in general. I also had issues with tearing/falling apart with my thin foam. For applying the rondo you just brush it on without issue? I assume there are brush strokes that need to be sanded out? Also how thick or thin should the mix be? I would imagine if its too thick then you can't brush it on but too thin and it will just goop everywhere or be so thin it's worthless. I've never done rondo before and 50/50 is a simple enough mix ratio but still

Yeah that makes sense I think I need a thicker foam for it to keep shape and hold up in general. I also had issues with tearing/falling apart with my thin foam. For applying the rondo you just brush it on without issue? I assume there are brush strokes that need to be sanded out? Also how thick or thin should the mix be? I would imagine if its too thick then you can't brush it on but too thin and it will just goop everywhere or be so thin it's worthless. I've never done rondo before and 50/50 is a simple enough mix ratio but still
surprisingly at a 50/50 or there abouts ratio the brush strokes pretty much disappear, if they dont just add a little more resin until it brushes on and smooths out naturally. oh and the link spy monkey put up is what i followed :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Please help me. I started building Iron Patriot using Jackieisrockin design, I am 5'6" tall and I managed to get a design for 5'7", but my big problem is the Arms, Calves, and foot are not Included in the unfold. What should I do?Can you direct me on where or how to find the unfold for my size? I'm almost done with the Lower troso.I know you guys can help me.

Thank you.

you can resize the files by using pepakura designer. There is no standard scale for everyone because everyone have diferent body proportions, so you have to resize the files using your own body measures.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back