I've just bought a UK based prop company!!

Hi All,

Well here it goes. I am now the proud owner with my partner of:

ELSTREE PROPS!!!!!

Both my business partner and I have been collecting props for years. We both have worked in film and theatre and so know a little about the subject.

As it stands the plan is to run the business along side our normal careers as we both love working in the industry and dont want to give it up. Lets face it what prop maker/collector would not want to own a company if they can.

The History bit!

I know the company has had a mixed past and not much can be said to defend that!! Under its most recent owner Steve it has reforged its place as a trusted dealer to both the public and traders alike. It is my hope to build on this giving prop collectors the chance to own pieces for a reasonable price safe in the knowledge that what you are told you are buying is the thing you will get!!

So where next?

Over the next few weeks we are sorting out all of the companies stock. This is no small feat as there is a lot to go through. Stock that we can trace and be sure of its history will become available soon. Anything that is not will go one of three places: in storage for further research, for sale with all the info I have but no guarantee or if we are not happy the skip!!

Please feel free to let me know any of your thoughts and ideas. I am looking forward to what the future may hold. As things happen I will let you all know first!

do you need help sorting through the stock, i would love to see all the stuff that is down there :love

How about an RPF contest to design a better logo?

Why not! If there is some interest in this it sounds like a plan. Always up for a little comp!!!

I will talk to the RPF bosses 1st to make sure they are happy but I am sure a logo in return for a goodie is worth it!

Hi Chaps,

A few of you have contacted me, and please continue to do so, but I am not sure you are getting my replies!

Art I have PM you directly with a question but not sure if you got it. My sent folder seems to be empty!?!

If you have not had replies let me know and I will PM you again!

ive PM'd you regarding the RPF prop Party in the UK, i didn't even realise you had posted in the event's threadm, apologise's for that

Cool ,i'd love to come down one day,with a big bag so i can have all the things you don't want...lol(no really).
It's good to know that a real fan has bought the business,at least you know how we all feel about props,for many here a Dream come true,Good luck

WELL DONE !!!!! Wow, what a catch !

One teeny suggestion : Advertise 'Under New Management' .... alot :lol but you already knew that, so it's cool :cool

BTW, did you know that I am a human skip ?

No, seriously, I am !

Art I have PM you directly with a question but not sure if you got it. My sent folder seems to be empty!?!

Please be patient with me. The Premium Membership and Halloween Costume Contest have created a massive amount of PMs. Trying to get through them. Will try to get a response to you today!

Wow, that's awesome! Best of luck to you and your partner. I love hearing about others taking their passions and making a career out of it... just try to make sure you don't lose that passion! :D

Hi All,

Thanks for your encouragment! I was unsure if my replys were getting through but it seems they are so thanks for your patience!

Hmmm must sort my membership - good subtle reminder to all there Art!!

Just as a note to all. I am an avid over enthusiastic prop collector. And that is how we are planning on running the company! Props for prop enthusiasts!

If anyone has any suggestions or thoughts with direction or additions to the company please PM me!

Cheers

Wow, that's exciting! Enjoy your new venture.

Are you open for visits on weekends. I'm at my in-laws in High Barnet this weekend......I'm sure it's a bit soon for you but worth asking.

I hope it's ok to post this and im not getting ahead of myself,

but Richard has agreed to pop along to the RPF prop Party, Time permitting and if he agree's i will get a Video Blog Interview with him for the RPF You tube and Face Book page's

hope you can make it :thumbsup

Hi All,

Just a quick update:

1.A competition looks like it is gonna be on the cards!!

2. Busy sorting out stock!! Have found some very cool items and am going to start varlfying them soon! When this is done they will appear on the website!

3. Ebay account is aout to be setup to sell some of the smaller items whilst evreything on the main website is sorted!

4. I must sell some of the props and not keep them all for myself!! I knew this might be an issue when I started but hey ho!!

Congratulations on the acquisition! I eagerly look forward to seeing what you guys have! I'm more than willing to..uh... lend a hand! heh.

Congratulations on your new business venture :D

PLEASE don't 'skip' anything! At least give us good folks the chance of having a look-see before it goes in the bin!
There are plenty of us amateur prop builders (both here in the UK and overseas) that would love to have some 'scrap' parts to lovingly repair or restore.

Please give us a shout before it gets thrown away :D

Congratulations

PLEASE don't 'skip' anything! At least give us good folks the chance of having a look-see before it goes in the bin!
There are plenty of us amateur prop builders (both here in the UK and overseas) that would love to have some 'scrap' parts to lovingly repair or restore.

Please give us a shout before it gets thrown away :D

I agree with Nobby too the quote above :D

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back