I've been waiting and wanting for this since I was 6!

YenChih Lin

Master Member
Here is a little quick and dirty representation with crappy cam of the 1:6 scale Superman Christopher Reeve of Hot toys. I got some extra money and I always wanted one, bid on ebay; I picked the beauty yesterday from my postal deposit box and I was not disappointed. Looks like Chris! It's my first 1:6 scale action figure and I'm very happy with it. Well, the cape had a little defect from the manufacturer, I try to get a new costume, since the cape isn't detachable from the suit.

Emulating this:

Goofing around with Supes:

Thank you thank you!!! It's been a very fun toy, but I keep him now on the standard base since I got no real space to put him, I hope to find or make space, so he can have a place where I can cherish my collectible item.

It's definitely a MUST recommended Reeve item - I've seen the cinemaquette and is way off the likeness. As well as the Mattel, nothing comes close to the HT version.

I have one of these, too. It's pretty amazing. (Although I'm about 99% convinced that he and my Hot Toys Indy fight it out sometimes when I'm not home... came home one day to find Supes on the floor, leading me to believe that good ol' Dr. Jones laced his bullwhip with Kryptonite...)

By the way, did you get the original box, too? Because that thing is a work of art in package design!!!

Last edited:
whhuaaat?! I guess Indy had an advantage over supes he he! But why is so, that some linkeness is a bit off and other are spot on? Like Indy, I think he is a bit of, there's something missing to making him like Harrison… I'm no expert on this 1:6, but is Hot Toys the maker of realistic figures or are there others out there?

You have to see for yourself in person, it's like Chris is alive again… on the sideshowcollectors.com forum, there are other owners with better and amazing photos and poses!

It looks amazing. I know most everyone was horribly let down by the Mattel figure, it was really on the want list of collectors who can't afford HT version.

Ha! Talking about horrible likeness, on the other end of the price tag for 2000 $ you'll get the cinemaquette Chris Reeve with a weeeird face and no articulation. This Reeve looks like he has a heroin addiction, too large cheekbones, not well done upper body form, slightly larger red trunks, the cape folds are missing, creepy looking eyes. I say NO!
For 2000 $, I CAN EXPECT:
total human articulation points,
total screen-accurate costume and body sculpt and MOST IMPORTANT:
totally eerie likeness of Chris Reeve, soo eerie that I can see him revived from the dead,
decked out with extras,

which Cinemaquette absolutely fails!

Now as my ancestors says: "A picture says more than thousand words.":
What do you prefer?

I think that question is obsolete.

The cinemaqutte is a beauty but almost all their human pieces suffer from bad hair application. I don't know if the hair stands are too thick or what but the hair and eyebrows and even the lashes look ridiculous to me. The likeness isn't bad though. Congrats on the hot toys supes, he's awesome.

well, maybe because it's planted on and not a wig, that could be style before like Supes hair and glued in after. Still I think the Hot Toys version is the superior one over the human cinemaquette.

Aw, there are some small snags here and there, I can live with it, I heard already it from the sideshowcollectors forum with those small QC probs, but I really need a new costume, since the cape has a small fabrication damage.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back