I've been recast

Jimbo890

I don't sell too many parts, but from time to time I look and see whats on ebay. Well, low and behold, there is a guy from the UK selling solid resin barrel tips, 'folding' stocks, endcaps, and counter boxes, and all have the 'tells' mine have.

If you do a search for e-11 blaster parts you will see what I mean. I'm not posting names just yet or links to live auctions as per the board rules.

If the guy would have asked, I'm sure we could have worked out an arrangement, but this sort of thing kinda makes me mad.

Oh, well, what can you do. Hoard your stuff, and not help the good folks out I guess. Makes me think twice about offering my upcoming Lewis Gun kits. :eek

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jimbo890 @ May 10 2006, 03:09 PM) [snapback]1241937[/snapback]</div>
I don't sell too many parts, but from time to time I look and see whats on ebay. Well, low and behold, there is a guy from the UK selling solid resin barrel tips, 'folding' stocks, endcaps, and counter boxes, and all have the 'tells' mine have.

If you do a search for e-11 blaster parts you will see what I mean. I'm not posting names just yet or links to live auctions as per the board rules.

If the guy would have asked, I'm sure we could have worked out an arrangement, but this sort of thing kinda makes me mad.

Oh, well, what can you do. Hoard your stuff, and not help the good folks out I guess. Makes me think twice about offering my upcoming Lewis Gun kits. :eek
[/b]

Sorry to hear this Jimbo.

Where abouts is he in the UK? We can send the troops over to see him :D

Joe

Jimbo,

This seller has come up here twice before IIRC.

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...l=502smallblock

This thread also links to and older thread about him, but it looks like it dropped off the board.

The Seller's name is 502smallblock.

There should be no issue mentioning his name since he is a documented recaster. Everything he sells are copies of someone elses hard work, and really bad copies at that.

Do NOT sell to him, or you will get ripped off.

Yeah what an A hole...
I think a member here sold him some Commander Bly Pistols, But Intercepted them before they got to his Greasy Hands....

I emailed him, but no response. I think his beay names is the-filmfreak IIRC. If he is just selling the set I sold him thats one thing, but he says in his ad that he 'makes' the parts. Sounds recast-y to me. Still waiting for a response from him.

I got an email from the-filmfreak and I think we worked out an agreement that he C&D selling the recast parts. Time will tell. He was more upset about the 'hate' mail he got, I assume from RPF members. I think that was what got his attention.

The Lewis Gun is a custom build, still in the works. I should have some progress pics in a few days. Stay tuned.

Jim

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back