Is Tony soprano dead

No one is ever dead in the movies.

Although that old guy who played Anakin in the original cut of ROTJ is getting darned close.

Not dead.
Tony_Soprano.gif

And that Italian by the restroom simply had the runs from the greasy cheese steak.

C'mon, there is no modern weaponry capable of taking down Tony, chemical or otherwise, only Tony Soprano, has the blueprint, to kill Tony Soprano, even the bad Indian food couldnt take him down.

lee

Why doesn't David chase just come out and say " yes Tony soprano is dead". I mean I love this show probably the best tv show ever. If he died it makes it all that much good!

The whole point was to not know. There is no answer. Its so that fans would argue for years about what happened.

Yes, "Members Only" guy whacked him. No accident that that was what he was wearing and listed in the credits as "man in Members Only jacket."

I think the POV evidence listed above is the strongest but there is much more.

A previous episode that season was also entitled "Members Only," emphasizing that that's how the mafia worked.

Tony also said in a previous episode while discussing getting whacked that you would "never see it coming."

The ending suddenly CUTS to black, not fade to black, insinuating a sudden change. The screen stays black an inordinate amount of time before the credits appear. Remember, people thought their cable went out at the crucial moment! That long blackness (rumors have it that Chase wanted it to last even longer) also indicates his death.

The credits rolled without music for the only time in the history of the series. It's over, he's dead.

That's the beauty of the writing on that show it's all linked. Also there's a video of someone interviewing chase and he makes strong points to indicate Tonys downfall.

according to david chase.... its up to the viewer,,,, life doesnt have nice tied up endings ala the pine barrens episode.... is the russian dead..... who knows... personaly i like the fact there is no defacto final answer... yeah there has been a thoudand different interpretations to the ending but none confirmed.... i like to think its just a case of this is wherenthe soprano story is right now... the future had not been told or wrote so anything is possible.... and anyhoo its just a tv show anything could be the outcome

He's not dead. The show is just over. The show just stopped (hence why it stopped on the word "stop" in "Don't Stop Believing.")

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back