is there a tamiya paint close to the main boba helmet green?

zorg

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
i did have the correct colour years ago but can't remember what it was.

are there any "good enough" colours out there for the main green colour of the helmet.? tamiya perhaps?

i'm in the u.k. so paints available over here would be preferable.

ta

-z

I can help here. A few years ago I accidentally dropped a heavy object on my Rogue Studios painted Natty MSH1 helmet so to touch it up I took it to the local model shop and compared Tamiya paints.

Let me go dig them out...

i did have the correct colour years ago but can't remember what it was.

are there any "good enough" colours out there for the main green colour of the helmet.? tamiya perhaps?

i'm in the u.k. so paints available over here would be preferable.

ta

-z

The closest to the Floquil Panzer Olivgrn 1943 in Tamiya pots is Deep Green XF-26, but it does have to be darkened down a little.

Id say look in to humbrol paints they have a much more extensive range , thou they are enamels, but if you are using spray paint tamiyas then there is Field greay, it looks right if on the helmet but it is actually alot lighter than it should be,

Humbrol 105 would be my choice

I used Tamiya Olive Drab 2 on both my ESB and ROTJ helmets. I was told the olive tones were closer to the ROTJ rather than the ESB though: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-rotj-boba-fett-helmet-84791/.

comparison1.jpg

thanks for your input guys, i do prefer tamiyas to humbrol simply because they take a lot less time to dry.

i think i may have that tamiya colour in stock :)

i've used tamiya olive drab , personally i can't see the boba green im after in there :unsure

i could be wrong.

-z

Ipersonally think the olive is to olive, Id try Nato green if Iwere you , it looks pretty close to floquil POG , or even mix field grey with Nato green, if you are air brushing , but if you are using spray cans go feild grey

well i have been searching the web, heres what i have found

there is a stockist in the uk for the testors panzer olivgrn

but its enamel

they do (testors) an acrylic but not it the uk (that i can find)

surprisingly humbrol do one that is not a million miles away, no.78

i will have to check if i have that one.

-z

I have the Tamiya Field Grey too. Once the other green is darkened a little it's not far from the field grey.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back