is there a 'found part' for the Sidious emitter?

jediscout

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My question is--is there a decent 'found part' for a metal emitter--or have those folk who made customs had them machined? I've found brass rings that could work for the 'neck' and some candle stick parts that are reminiscent of the sidious emitter--but nothing that's quite close enough.

I know there were a few folk who took on the challenge of making a sparring Sid sabre--and those had metal emitters. I've always assumed they machined them--but figured it can't hurt to ask what folk might have used on these customs?

I've always wanted to do a couple alternate paint versions of the Sid, but having looked at several custom jobs--having metal emitters seems to step the work up a lot--and the result is far more professional looking. :)

I suspect that'll be a custom part looking at it although I have seen some cupboard door knobs that look similar?? do you have access to a lathe? it doesnt look too hard to make :)

I do have access to a lathe. But was just curious to see if it was a found piece. So much about the Sid sabre looks like a found item, mashed together.

I do have access to a lathe. But was just curious to see if it was a found piece. So much about the Sid sabre looks like a found item, mashed together.

I thought that all the sabers used in ROTS were custom made :confused
Dont give up yet though :) as I say I'd be down my nearest hardware store looking at all the different cupboard door knobs for something similar

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back