Completed my found parts build

Raaven1990

Aaaand she’s done. I deviated completely from the sketch, and boy am I glad I did. The original plan was to fit the emitter piece into a simple leather wrapped aluminum tube. You can find the sketch in my last post. The design honestly looked a bit bland, so I decided to experiment and make the rest of the saber out of more found parts. Then my dad found a vintage Tasco monocular telescope. A bit of tape to get the emitter to fit snug, and voila. It’s truly love at first sight. I’m gonna go ahead and make a 3d model and STL of it. Gotta immortalise this beauty. What do you guys think?
IMG_6198.jpeg
IMG_6197.jpeg
IMG_6194.jpeg

Or some of the old EU book cover drawings. Was it Corran Horn who had one made of a speeder bike handle? Definitely feeling that vibe here. Great work!

What—no spiked cone knobs placed into grip areas, hitting you on the palm of your hand (looking at you Skywalker ROTJ V2)?? And, what looks like a soft, ergonomically pleasing grip material vs. hard and uncomfortable t-tracks (looking at you MPP and Graflex)??

Just kidding.

Cool original design; I love it.

Or some of the old EU book cover drawings. Was it Corran Horn who had one made of a speeder bike handle? Definitely feeling that vibe here. Great work!
Thanks a lot. I find it pretty cool that LuukeSabers actually made those EU designs using found parts. His designs were a big influence in this project.

What—no spiked cone knobs placed into grip areas, hitting you on the palm of your hand (looking at you Skywalker ROTJ V2)?? And, what looks like a soft, ergonomically pleasing grip material vs. hard and uncomfortable t-tracks (looking at you MPP and Graflex)??

Just kidding.

Cool original design; I love it.
Thanks, man. You forgot to mention those unbearable control boxes. lol

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back