is there a 'found part' for the Sidious emitter?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by jediscout, Nov 16, 2011.

1. jediscout

jediscout Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

My question is--is there a decent 'found part' for a metal emitter--or have those folk who made customs had them machined? I've found brass rings that could work for the 'neck' and some candle stick parts that are reminiscent of the sidious emitter--but nothing that's quite close enough.

I know there were a few folk who took on the challenge of making a sparring Sid sabre--and those had metal emitters. I've always assumed they machined them--but figured it can't hurt to ask what folk might have used on these customs?

I've always wanted to do a couple alternate paint versions of the Sid, but having looked at several custom jobs--having metal emitters seems to step the work up a lot--and the result is far more professional looking. :)

2. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I suspect that'll be a custom part looking at it although I have seen some cupboard door knobs that look similar?? do you have access to a lathe? it doesnt look too hard to make :)

3. jediscout

jediscout Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I do have access to a lathe. But was just curious to see if it was a found piece. So much about the Sid sabre looks like a found item, mashed together.

4. Leigh

Leigh Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought that all the sabers used in ROTS were custom made :confused
    Dont give up yet though :) as I say I'd be down my nearest hardware store looking at all the different cupboard door knobs for something similar