Ironman Mark 1 Helmet

Finhead

Sr Member
Started on a Mark 1 helmet a while ago, worked on it off and on for a bit. Didn't like where it was going so I started a new one a week or so ago. No inprogress shots, but it started life as a piece of sintra heated and formed around an old welding helmet. The front is pretty much where I want it going to work on the back next as well as some weathering. Hope to mold/cast this in the not to distant future. :)

DSC_0375.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0378.jpg

Thanks guys. :cool
Thought there would be more interest in this as I haven't seen another build and the replica that was released is well lacking. :confused:)
Didn't have time to do any work on the back section, but I did have some time to weather the front between coats of primer. :)

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Looks very nice! I'm kind of surprised there haven't been more Mark I helmets made, too. I suppose the size of the suit prevents more attempts. Plus, it's not as slick looking as the red & gold Marks or War Machine. But I thought a Mark I mask would look good as a display.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back