Iron Man Mk6 (or Mk4) forearm help - How do you do the mini rockets?

So far so good.
Maybe you could disguise the spring to look like a hydraulic piston?
One small tube inside a larger one with the spring inside......

Won't be needed. You would have to be looking straight down the... barrel? runway? launch pad? Flight path! Anyway, you'd have to be looking straight down the flight path to be able to see anything that resembles a spring. You see very little of it from the side, and what you can see is tight enough it already looks like a cylinder. Even if you do look straight down the fight path it might not be noticable once it gets lit up and the rockets are in place.

Looking forward to your next improvement.

Me too! With the main mechanism shaping up here are the next steps:
  • Make the lid lay flat.
  • Make custom covers/lids for the different panels (rectangular, trapezoid, rounded trapezoid, and slight S bend I believe)
  • Connect all the lids together with space for a main rocket (to be designed)

I suspect around the time all of that is done I'll have to start a separate thread for my Suit as a whole. While I've got some great things planned for that, it won't be for a while.

Haven't been here for a few days, so I thought I would come by and check to see if there was any new updates on the rocket launcher?

I haven't had much time to print things, so not much new.

That said, I did make an alteration where the lid now sits level in the cover, which is good. I'll probably print out the rest of those changes here soon and make a video of the completed design.

That upcoming video will probably be my final update on this thread though. The mini rocket mechanism seems to work pretty well at this stage. The next step is to make a larger rocket launcher to go with the mini rockets - something I've been designing already, but doesn't fit with this thread. After the large mechanism is finished, then it's off to make an overall cover/lid that matches the Mk 6 forearm design but connects to my mechanics, as well as wiring them all up. These are steps that make more sense to feature as part of a thread on making my whole suit, rather than as a continuation of this topic.

propmaster2000 turns out I made yet another revision to the design... It's not fully tested yet, and I'm probably not going to get to fully test it for another week or so, but I needed to share the progress.

(The mounting assembly is a test version that will change, and I'll talk about that in about thread)

Attachments

• IMG_20190529_045308.jpg
    IMG_20190529_045308.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20190529_045226.jpg
    IMG_20190529_045226.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 156
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back