Iron Man MK XLV 3D Print

Re: Iron Man MK XLV 3D Print - Shoulder and handpalm p7

I'm pretty sure this will be a clogged extruder then. I recalibrated the bed several times to make absolutely shure it is not the levelling.

I have a few issues that occured after a while that are listed here and the cause that occurs in each issue is the clogged extruder. So I'll be taking that apart this evening. Let's hope this solve the entire issue.

What's the best way to "unclogg" the extruder? I see one where you have to submerge the tip in acetone for 24hours twice. But that seems a bit over the top?

From what I've heard you can take a really thin guitar wire and try to shove it up a hot nozzle. That what I do and it almost always works. If your in the states, you buy a nozzle kit from http://www.makergeeks.com/exflsehounmu.html and you have the option to buy little "drill bit" for really tough clogs. This setup has been invaluable to me. I also upgraded my nozzles from the factory ones to high wear because some times I do print carbon fiber stuff. Those nozzles are great and have yet for one to wear out on me. The high wear nozzles are here https://store.micro-swiss.com/

From what I've heard you can take a really thin guitar wire and try to shove it up a hot nozzle. That what I do and it almost always works. If your in the states, you buy a nozzle kit from http://www.makergeeks.com/exflsehounmu.html and you have the option to buy little "drill bit" for really tough clogs. This setup has been invaluable to me. I also upgraded my nozzles from the factory ones to high wear because some times I do print carbon fiber stuff. Those nozzles are great and have yet for one to wear out on me. The high wear nozzles are here https://store.micro-swiss.com/

Totally agree with Devildog.. If you have a 1.75mm extruder the small E string works wonders. Just make sure you heat up the extruder first before shoving the sting in. After I get it cleaned out I have some cleaner filament I picked up at Microcenter. Not necessary, but I just do it as an extra precaution, You can also dip your filament when you reload a roll in a heavy coat of canola oil just to prime the extruder. I pretty much prime my extruder with canola oil every time I reload a new roll of filament.

20151005_214413.jpgHere is how I attached the fingers. The elastic cord provides rigidity while the glove is not on my hand for when I display it on a shelf.
20151005_214419.jpg

Is it possible to buy a 3d printer and a do3d file set if i dont have any knowledge at all of 3d modeling scaling. Adding support and splitting do do3d provide instruction ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

View attachment 620908Here is how I attached the fingers. The elastic cord provides rigidity while the glove is not on my hand for when I display it on a shelf.
View attachment 620909

Thanks! This is very helpful

Is it possible to buy a 3d printer and a do3d file set if i dont have any knowledge at all of 3d modeling scaling. Adding support and splitting do do3d provide instruction ?

do3d provide basic instructions to get you going. The key is to do some research yourself and don't give up. It's a lot to take in at first, but you'll get the hang of it. It's not rocket sience ;)

I'll see if I can get my hands on one of those micro-swiss sets. They look very neat. thx!

Totally agree with Devildog.. If you have a 1.75mm extruder the small E string works wonders. Just make sure you heat up the extruder first before shoving the sting in. After I get it cleaned out I have some cleaner filament I picked up at Microcenter. Not necessary, but I just do it as an extra precaution, You can also dip your filament when you reload a roll in a heavy coat of canola oil just to prime the extruder. I pretty much prime my extruder with canola oil every time I reload a new roll of filament.

The oil only works for the first few meters right? Or do you dip your entire roll in that oil?

The oil only works for the first few meters right? Or do you dip your entire roll in that oil?[/QUOTE]

I basically dip the tip of the filament in the oil (About 1 inch or so) I have a oilier I printed on my printer and that takes care of the rest. I keep a small syringe of oil with my printer tools. I just stick the tip of the filament in the syringe.

Thinking about it, you could prolly print a filament filter like this: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:492067 and soak that in oil and then as the filament passes thru it, it gets oiled.

I did just that :). Just need to get me some oil.

The issue is solved btw. A clogged filament guide (the plastic tube in the extruder) was the cause. I replaced it and the prints are back on track :)

I used the parts that were a bit weaker due to the clogged extruder as they still hold shape and are accurate enough.

This is where I am at now:

13151845_1166336546733146_213101064531399740_n.jpg13164201_1166336576733143_5415940949404344026_n.jpg13166048_1166336556733145_8409046867666814518_n.jpg

The pics aren't that sharp, but it's clear enough for now :)

Re: Iron Man MK XLV 3D Print - Chest P9

That convinced me im gonna buy the mk 39 of do3d now that i see the detail in their model it will be perfect for my very big project

Yep that looks perfect fit... dont know how you can print with that red it messys with my eyes if i look at it to long lol 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Lol :). It'sz easier to spot imperfections I think. White just cancels out a lot of detail to me.

It's been a bit quiet. I was on a short holiday and was not bale to print.

I managed to print 2 lower pieces of the abs, but everything went haywire on a top piece that I printed at night.

The extruder tipped the print at some point and it stuck to the extruder, leaving a big pile of filament on my extruder and sensors.

I managed to remove a bit with a soldering iron, but now I have to watch for the sensor wires, as they are still embedded in the filament. If I overdo this, my wires are fried and I'm in bigger trouble. Currently my printer shows an error message, so I hope this is due to the fact that the sensot wires have been pulled of the sensor.

Are you in trouble if you print a piece and that a electricity shutdown happen or it will continue when power come back ? :) also im not sure but you seem like you got a lot of trouble with the wanhao for the time you owned it . Would you recomend it to me anyway because im searching for the lowest priced 3d printer that have enought printing quality to print an oron man armor ☺

Last edited:

Never had a shutdown midprint so can't tell you. The things that went wrong were all related to external factors, had nothing to do with the printer. These things happen if you are new to 3D printing.

I learn a lot on the way.

Are you in trouble if you print a piece and that a electricity shutdown happen or it will continue when power come back ? :) also im not sure but you seem like you got a lot of trouble with the wanhao for the time you owned it . Would you recomend it to me anyway because im searching for the lowest priced 3d printer that have enought printing quality to print an oron man armor ☺

The Wanhao Duplicator is an awesome printer! Any 3d printer, especially lower cost ones, will require tweaking and editing over time. I can say that if the printer shuts off mid print, it probably won't resume when it comes back on.

Check out the Monoprice Maker Select. It's a cheaper clone of the Wanhao. I have it and it's awesome so far!

I've not had a power loss, but did run out of filament once (so same result as loosing power mid print). To finish the piece, I placed it on a flat surface, measured it with digital callipers, and sliced that amount off the bottom of the model - Then I just printed the missing piece.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back