iron man mark 45 stl 3d help needed

creative stress

Hi guys need help to convert i have bought a cgi mark 45 3d model i have converted to stl and made manifold i need help making the file 3d printable when put in blender it takes forever to load then freezes loads ok in netfabb it is not yet scaled help please would be great thanks

workshop

If its load fine in Netfabb, is already manifold and in STL format, why are you ,messing with Blender?? Scale it in Netfabb and re-output it as STL and send it to the printer. Not sure I entirely understand the problem you are facing.

If its load fine in Netfabb, is already manifold and in STL format, why are you ,messing with Blender?? Scale it in Netfabb and re-output it as STL and send it to the printer. Not sure I entirely understand the problem you are facing.

I presume it won't process the GCODE.

Tes - I have sent you a PM - get back to me if you'd like my help.

Not to pick nits as it were, but why would you use Blender to process GCODE? The STL file should be loaded into whatever slicing program runs best for your 3D printer. It will generate the GCODE your printer requires. Now, that said....................It occurs to me that what you might be running into is a memory problem on your computer. STL, contrary to popular belief does NOT stand for Stereo Lithography. as in the 3d printing process. Rather, it stands for Surface Tessellation Language. Its a process whereby your model and all its faces, is chopped up into a whole bunch of little triangles. This triangulation of your model adds a LOT more geometry to your file that needs to be processed. A four sided square for example, has 4 straight lines. After an STL conversion that same square may now have been divided into two or 4 triangles, adding 1 to 4 lines to your drawing. Multiply that over a few thousand times on a complex model and you can see where the processing of such file by any 3D program, Blender included, may take a while or even crash if you don't have the computing power to handle it.

Not to pick nits as it were, but why would you use Blender to process GCODE? The STL file should be loaded into whatever slicing program runs best for your 3D printer. It will generate the GCODE your printer requires. Now, that said....................It occurs to me that what you might be running into is a memory problem on your computer. STL, contrary to popular belief does NOT stand for Stereo Lithography. as in the 3d printing process. Rather, it stands for Surface Tessellation Language. Its a process whereby your model and all its faces, is chopped up into a whole bunch of little triangles. This triangulation of your model adds a LOT more geometry to your file that needs to be processed. A four sided square for example, has 4 straight lines. After an STL conversion that same square may now have been divided into two or 4 triangles, adding 1 to 4 lines to your drawing. Multiply that over a few thousand times on a complex model and you can see where the processing of such file by any 3D program, Blender included, may take a while or even crash if you don't have the computing power to handle it.

it is as you say out of memory so going o use another computer I only used Bender to import the obj file check the model export stl file I am new to this sort of thing so still learning so thanks guys or your input :)

- - - Updated - - -

I presume it won't process the GCODE.

Tes - I have sent you a PM - get back to me if you'd like my help.

hey widescreen thanks for your offer I think I will able to sort it :thumbsup

I can check it out for you, I have access to some pretty serious 3d print prep software, it's like netfabb on steroids. Can check wall thickness and whatnot too.

Let me know

-d

I can check it out for you, I have access to some pretty serious 3d print prep software, it's like netfabb on steroids. Can check wall thickness and whatnot too.

Let me know

-d
Hey drumguy its ok buddy i have managed to sort it was memory problem my laptop could not handle it i have started to slice model up for printing thanks

if you can visualize it you can build it

Hey thanks its a slow process printing the parts! also finishing them to get them smooth so you don't see any lines coming through thanks for checking out my vids will try keep it updated :)

Hi! I am fairly new at the website but i was wondering if you still have that 3d model. If you do is there anyway you can send it to me for animation purposes.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back