Iron Man Mark 42 Helmet WIP , Life size bust Finaly Finished !!!!

Wow. Looks great!
Have you fibreglassed it anything or is it just built with resin on top of your paper?

These pics reLly gives a great look into the little steps it takes to build so thanks for that!

Looking forward to follow this build!
I would have subscribed if i wasnt reading through tapatalk right now! :)

Re: Iron Man Mark8 Helmet WIP Right ear added :)

Wow. Looks great!
Have you fibreglassed it anything or is it just built with resin on top of your paper?

These pics reLly gives a great look into the little steps it takes to build so thanks for that!

Looking forward to follow this build!
I would have subscribed if i wasnt reading through tapatalk right now! :)

thanks, yes there is resin on the top of the paper, for inside i no using fieberglass.

thanks, yes there is resin on the top of the paper, for inside i no using fieberglass.

Thank you for clearing that :)
I have been wanting to make an Iron Man helmet (for starters) for some time and been looking in to how to do it the easiest way :)

Did you resin the inside as well?
How sturdy will the helmet be with only resin? :)

Thanks for your answer! :)

Thank you for clearing that :)
I have been wanting to make an Iron Man helmet (for starters) for some time and been looking in to how to do it the easiest way :)

Did you resin the inside as well?
How sturdy will the helmet be with only resin? :)

Thanks for your answer! :)

there are many ways to make a helmet some use foam and some other bondo and resin but this way isnt easy. helmet is very sturdy you can add some cotton flocks to the resin and it will be stronger but you need a lot layers of it.

Looks nice and clean. Bravo sir! Can't wait to have the time to go on a helmet spree once I have finished my own suit :).

Another question davy:
When you are cutting out pieces, like the neck and mask, do you use a dremel or something else?

I thought a dremel with the thin diamond plated cutting disks might work great on such a thing, but I still haven't made it this far yet!

Thanks again for your answers. You're helping me a lot! :)
If you ever want to build a full scale R2-D2, I'd be happy to help with what I know... :)

Another question davy:
When you are cutting out pieces, like the neck and mask, do you use a dremel or something else?

I thought a dremel with the thin diamond plated cutting disks might work great on such a thing, but I still haven't made it this far yet!

Thanks again for your answers. You're helping me a lot! :)
If you ever want to build a full scale R2-D2, I'd be happy to help with what I know... :)

yes i use a dremel for it but i cut it with a plate for steel, diameter is 35mm

This is going so extremely the right way :) love it cant waite to see it painted David

Master is now done , think i can mold it in the next days and start to paint

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0195.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back