Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (Fully Built!!!)

Are you planning on fitting any sort of air conditioning? Looks like theres plenty of room inside for a decent sized fan

Tbh its quite deceiving - theres actually not much space at all - the only real amount of space where I could fit something is the backpack piece - but as I wont be wearing it for at least 9 months, AC is not on my top priority :p

Update: 1 Arm Fully Resined :D

Looking great man! You said you wont be wearing it for at least 9 months, do you have a special even you will be wearing it to? Also, even if that is the case you should slip in it and take pictures for us for a sneak peak!

Kryro, the default scale for pepcowboy's file is 160. Is that the scale you used for the suit to come out as 6 feet 4 inches?
Thanks.

I guess so, I didn't change the scale of the files so yeah :)

Looking great man! You said you wont be wearing it for at least 9 months, do you have a special even you will be wearing it to? Also, even if that is the case you should slip in it and take pictures for us for a sneak peak!

No, no special event.
Due to my job Im out of the country travelling for 9 months, and I leave July 10th so I don't even know if itll be fully finished by then. If it is, then ill try and slip it on, but itf its not ready to be worn I cant do much about ahaa :D

Update: Both Arms and Helmet Fully Resined! :p

I love this! I once tried building an Iron Man MkVII out of cardboard but I got fed up and just gave up about halfway through the torso. However, you have inspired me to rethink the project and possibly try again. Thank you!

Thanks Guys!!
Ahh Im glad I could be an inspiration :D

--------------------------- Update ----------------------------------

And So the Bondo Battle Begins!

This is looking so good. I cant wait to finish all my pittle projects so I can get started on my armour

Omg neither can I :mad: Im proper Geeking out over it ahaa
Plan of Action is Bondo the Helmet, then each Arm before Resin-ing the Body and Legs :D

What Suit you gonna go for?

I know I probably should have mentioned this before, but with my armor (before I gave up and threw it away), I gave it four or five layers of paper maché on the inside to make it super-strong. And when I say strong, I mean it was as hard as rock. Literally. Plus, if you paper maché the inside, you dont have to worry about making it all look neat. And then I put a final layer of paper maché on the outside of the armor just to solidify it all.

Paper mache on the inside is an interesting way go do that. Might be less time consuming than 10 layers of pva glue lol.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

hey man, since there wasnt an update for a while, how did it turn out? did you finish it? or do you have other things to do? Just wanna know

Re: Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (Fully Built!!!)

hey man, since there wasnt an update for a while, how did it turn out? did you finish it? or do you have other things to do? Just wanna know

you are a wizard with some cardboard man. i think what is most impressive is how your joints never show the side of the cardboard, the "layered" part. beautifuly done..

He had to put it on hold for 9-10 months while he is away, im sure progress will continue in a few months.

Hey,
Thanks guys
Yeah as Stig said i had to put everything on hold for quite a few months, i am back in the UK now, but not for long, so I'm not sure if i can do the finishing processes like i wanted to.

I MAY However be rebuilding it in Foam - just to make it lighter on the stand
(as it fell over at some point in the last year, my mate came in and found him having a lay down, he quite professionally resurrected him with some tape LOL)

But i even forgot to post up how i left the statue, i could have sworn that i had, whoops sorry guys!

But here was how i had to leave it:

I do like the plain cardboard look - it certainly beats finding the right kind of turquoise to give that rusted copper look hehe
But as i said... I'm thinking about rebuilding this statue in foam, so it isn't so heavy - Actually as I'm typing this, i realised I'm just going to make the stand stronger and thicker!

Re: Iron Man - Mark 37 "Hammerhead" Build (Fully Built!!!)

I'm thinking about rebuilding this statue in foam
Please do.I'd love to see less familiar costumes being build

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back