IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P. Updates

Re: IRON MAN Hall of Armor W.I.P.

Here is an arc reactor test. I am just curious on what's everybody's opinion n if it looks good to work for all of the suits. It still has a few pieces to be added but it's close to the final part.

360f7306.jpg

thing is, the hall of armor probably doesnt have any light up chests, as you know, the reactor is in tonys chest :) just sayin xD

This is deffinately something that i have ta see being built good luck Iron Warrior777 and keep up th' good work brah!!!!!:cool:cool

This seems very promising, good luck ! And you should definitely give a try to xrobot foam plastic coating technique to give your suits a nice fiberglass finish.

thing is, the hall of armor probably doesnt have any light up chests, as you know, the reactor is in tonys chest :) just sayin xD

Well some of them must have a core inserted, if they don't, then how the hell did Rhodes suit up and steal the mark II and still use it War Machine ? Not to mention the Mark VII that did fly on it's own for a while in the Avengers ! But I may be wrong too :)

This seems very promising, good luck ! And you should definitely give a try to xrobot foam plastic coating technique to give your suits a nice fiberglass finish.

Well some of them must have a core inserted, if they don't, then how the hell did Rhodes suit up and steal the mark II and still use it War Machine ? Not to mention the Mark VII that did fly on it's own for a while in the Avengers ! But I may be wrong too :)
well he probably had several arcs lying around, he at least had the mk1 ark in his shop :D

well he probably had several arcs lying around, he at least had the mk1 ark in his shop :D

It was not stated but implied that he had already modified the suit for Rhodes to use. Remember he offered Rhodes the use of the suit, but he declined, so at that point it was no longer required to be powered by Tony.

Not up to date on IM in comics but in the past the armor had it's own power source.

Dean

PS. In the comics whenever he had a suit trashed he never went back to an old model but always to the next version that was still in R and D. It's amazing how he always had a new suit to move on to. :)

This will be an impressive build to watch. I am particularly interested in how the armor assembly system will work. I know that there are now a number of affordable open source robot arm projects but all I've seen are desktop sized. The required range of motion seems like you would need some 6 foot long arms.
Do you have any experience in robotics and/or done any research/planning into how you will build this? Really curious.

Well I don't know about the suiting up system, but since OP is planning to make foam suit, he doesn't need a couple of grand for each suit, you can have a very good build under 1K easy peasy, I'd say 600$ each with plastic coating, 400$ without.
And I'd be already very impressed to see a room with several armors all in their spot just like the OP's design, even without suiting up system.
I can see a few ways of doing this, but it would require a considerable amount of space and a high ceiling, as well as a more elaborate system to connect de parts than usual velcro and fastex.

If he's got the DIY attitude, and the knowledge to do framing, drywall and such. There's no reason this has to cost "millions." Thousands? Probably, but millions? No. Good luck to you on your build, I hope you can pull it off :)

Ok thanks everyone for your support. I do have framing, drywall, electronics, and some robotics experience. GotWookiee, I do have a few basic plans, but not much. I am mostly just research on how to do the suit up part. Rather than the suit up way of Iron Man 1, I plan to make it more like a scrapped idea of the suitcase armor or Avengers suit up.

Well I don't know about the suiting up system, but since OP is planning to make foam suit, he doesn't need a couple of grand for each suit, you can have a very good build under 1K easy peasy, I'd say 600$ each with plastic coating, 400$ without.
And I'd be already very impressed to see a room with several armors all in their spot just like the OP's design, even without suiting up system.
I can see a few ways of doing this, but it would require a considerable amount of space and a high ceiling, as well as a more elaborate system to connect de parts than usual velcro and fastex.

Well yes you could make a easy ironman suit for aorund $200 with some bells and whistles but giving them a heads up display would cost a ton. I mean there are very few products on the market available to the everyday consumer that is a transparent led dislpay. As i stated before which is now deleted lol but ohh well. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he achieves his goal. The making of the hall is the easy part.

Rather than the suit up way of Iron Man 1, I plan to make it more like a scrapped idea of the suitcase armor or Avengers suit up.
That seems even more complex to me :lol
Assuming that you have a dedicated room, I would have chose a more Iron Man 1 method, with upper suit parts coming from the ceiling, much like a small crane, it would just hang and then start going down above you, and if you're standing still you would just have to let it slide on you like a t-shirt. That is for the torso and back part, and it would still need a way to secure them on you. I though of some crazy electronic strap tightener from the inside, that would pull the end of a strap like you would do on any regular fastex or strapping system, simply by rotating. The torso and back would be already linked by say, 2 straps on each side, but loose enough to allow you to slide in between, then once the crane would had lowered these two linked parts on your shoulders, the servo-controlled tightening of the straps would begin and seal it nicely on you. I'm still looking for the rest though ...
Just a few crazy thoughts in my too busy head, if it helps I'm glad, if not, just tell me to be quiet :behave :lol
Well yes you could make a easy ironman suit for aorund $200 with some bells and whistles but giving them a heads up display would cost a ton. I mean there are very few products on the market available to the everyday consumer that is a transparent led dislpay. As i stated before which is now deleted lol but ohh well. I wish him all the luck in the world and hope he achieves his goal. The making of the hall is the easy part.
I didn't realise he wanted to go that far, I though led eyes/reactors and motorized face plate and some other motorized gadgets were the goal, but I agree with you, if it has to have a fully functionnal heads-up display with A-R running on it, yes that will cost a hell of a lot more, more than a couple thousands I think !

Last edited:

IronWarrior777 I'd like ta apoligize for highjacking your build thread brah some people have th' gall ta be rude and direspectful and act like their th' a know it all about prop building when they are not all that great. Now back ta your build brah what are some of your ideas about a suit up station for ya hall of armours? I would have loved ta see how rodey got suited up for war machine!!!!!:cool:cool:cool

IronWarrior777 I'd like ta apoligize for highjacking your build thread brah some people have th' gall ta be rude and direspectful and act like their th' a know it all about prop building when they are not all that great. Now back ta your build brah what are some of your ideas about a suit up station for ya hall of armours? I would have loved ta see how rodey got suited up for war machine!!!!!:cool:cool:cool

lol ya brah!!!

Found something interesting for you : MOD Live GPS Heads up Display | Recon Instruments
this snowboard/ski HUD seems to be the closest thing you'll find to the movie HUD of the helmet, unless you somehow make it yourself. I may use one of these in my own Mk VI armor if i manage to finish the project. From what I understood, all the informations like speed, weather, GPS, height, coordinates and stuff are displayed on a very small screen in your peripheral vision but it apparently it
appears to be projected 5 ft away and 14" in size
. Although, unless I misunderstood, the image does not appears right in front of you, overlapping what you see, like one of those Augmented reality app for smartphone using the camera, here the image stays on the small screen. In the other hand, you can track people using the same system, or find POI near you, so I'm a bit confused on how that works exactly. Cool thing is it has an SDK and runs on Android, so apps can be developed, adding new features that would fit us more than the basic functions, since they are for snowboarding and skiing normally. Heck, I'd buy an android phone just for it if it comes to that, but I'd like to see it run with iOS...
The downsides : 400$, that will make the cost of the suit go up, and my guess is that you'll need some space, so it's not really a problem, but it means that the helmet have to be big enough.

That seems even more complex to me :lol
Assuming that you have a dedicated room, I would have chose a more Iron Man 1 method, with upper suit parts coming from the ceiling, much like a small crane, it would just hang and then start going down above you, and if you're standing still you would just have to let it slide on you like a t-shirt. That is for the torso and back part, and it would still need a way to secure them on you. I though of some crazy electronic strap tightener from the inside, that would pull the end of a strap like you would do on any regular fastex or strapping system, simply by rotating. The torso and back would be already linked by say, 2 straps on each side, but loose enough to allow you to slide in between, then once the crane would had lowered these two linked parts on your shoulders, the servo-controlled tightening of the straps would begin and seal it nicely on you. I'm still looking for the rest though ...
Just a few crazy thoughts in my too busy head, if it helps I'm glad, if not, just tell me to be quiet :behave :lol

I didn't realise he wanted to go that far, I though led eyes/reactors and motorized face plate and some other motorized gadgets were the goal, but I agree with you, if it has to have a fully functionnal heads-up display with A-R running on it, yes that will cost a hell of a lot more, more than a couple thousands I think !

That's a very good idea actually.

Its cool. The WM suit will be an interesting part of the build, because nobody has seen it happen in film yet.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back