Iron Man Age of Ultron Mk45 3D Printed Armour build

Excellent work. Honestly the most well proportioned IM armour build I've ever seen.

Very interested to see how you handle the pit/elbow/hip/knee gaskets, you don't see many examples of well thought out solutions to those parts, some people seem to ignore them altogether, but I think you said you were going to print something in ninjaflex?

Little bit of progress this weekend. I brushed up my soldering skills and finally put together my arc reactor.

View attachment 869882

And Neopixels are a nightmare to video ...

Tony Stark made his in a cave with a bunch of scraps. Mine was 3D printed in resin and PLA and uses custom code running on an Adafruit Flora with 3 neopixel rings.

I tried to keep the form factor as small as possible. Will probably build a mk2 at some point to make it easier to assemble. If enough people inquire, I might consider making a run of them :)

Original design drawing (I still need to paint the final reactor):

View attachment 779503
Do you still have the files? :)

wannabe

I bought armor from do3d yesterday, there is a problem with the download link, I sent an email, I wrote from Facebook group, I wrote from Instagram, no one answers.

wannab
Sorry for the lack of any updates recently, it's been a busy beginning to the year. Here is where I am with the right leg:

OcKnE3V.jpg

y0uMPSW.jpg

nAWtz7L.jpg

Fits pretty well so the left is following along similarly. Will be starting the boots next. Proportionately speaking they should end up large enough to cover a pair of sneakers and some lifts which will help the fit of the legs and give me an extra couple of inches in height ��

Have been considering how to join the shin and thigh sections. Will experiment with a double hinge system most likely.
Saw this on the front page for RPF; did you ever go any further with this suit? The work you put into it is just monumental!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back