Iron Man Age of Ultron Mk45 3D Printed Armour build

Thanks for all the positive comments. Much appreciated. And I am glad to have motivated a few of you to start their own mk45.

I am currently working on a few improvements and modifications to get the suit ready for Fantasy Basel in May this year. In the future, however, I have planned to upgrade the suit considerably: this will include additional strapping, helmet electronics, Rear flap servos and electronics, and a reprinted abs and chest based on updated Do3d files.

Meantime, I have a studio photo session in the pipeline and I'll be sure to post those images here.

My next costume was planned to be the mk47 from Spiderman Homecoming but having seen the latest imagery from Marvel I have decided to jump straight to the mk48/50 from Infinity War. I'll be sure to post a new build thread once it is up and running.

How has the XTC 3D and 2k clear coat held up while wearing? I am in the middle of printing the MK46 and was wondering how rubbing and scratching will affect the pieces in places like that. Anything you recommend to reduce the wear and scratches?

Quick preview of my photoshoot ...

d4cHUIh.jpg

Last edited:
Wow this is awesome! Great work :cool

Can I ask how you arrived at the sizing? I've just started printing and I thought I'd scaled it to my height, I'm tall and lanky, but the helmet is huge! Thanks :thumbsup

Wow this is awesome! Great work :cool

Can I ask how you arrived at the sizing? I've just started printing and I thought I'd scaled it to my height, I'm tall and lanky, but the helmet is huge! Thanks :thumbsup

I used makehuman to create a scaled facsimile of my body, imported the resulting obj file into 3DBuilder and imported the armour elements into the same program and scaled them accordingly. Some judgement is required regarding proportion.

It's been a while since I updated this thread so I'm just gonna leave this here …

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this thread is gold for someone starting a 3d print build from MaxCraft. Thank you for your effort in posting all of this. I have a the helmet and cant wait to keep motoring!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back