Introducing R2 Chronicles…

Pwrsrce

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those that love R2 Building, or maybe just want to take a look back at some of the early Star Wars Celebration events, there’s a new YouTube channel you should check out…R2 Chronicles!

I started the channel last week primarily to give an official place for videos that were originally shot in/around the R2 Builders events, beginning with Celebration 2 in 2002. And while things are primarily focused on our little domed buddy, there’s a lot of general prop/fandom stuff in there as well…For example…

Don Bies Builders Summits and Weathering Demo…

Our first visit from George Lucas and Rick McCallum at C2…

Plus tons of vids from around the rest of the conventions. :)

Stop by and have a look…And subscribe if you like, as there is still a lot more content on the way.

Jason Smith

Thank you! Spread the word… :)

This has been something I’ve wanted to do for sometime. May will mark my 25th year in the R2 Builders group, and I’ve had a lot of great experiences, and met a lot of amazing people.

The plan is to keep uploading content from our old DVDs, and then supplement that with new interviews, and shorts/vids that document some of the comparison between older club parts and newer ones…Basically attempt to show a complete history of our groups journey, while also documenting my own build.

Jason

These videos are gold!!! Talk about a blast from the past!! The quality is impressive for being so old!

I was binge watching last night, good good times!

I have been glued to these videos… it’s like a time
Machine

The stuff with bie’s wow…

My big question, where are all these photos today of the carbon fiber droid? Was it all top secret back then? I don’t ever remember seeing the inside

But once he took the dome off it was swarmed and everyone was snapping photos

This carbon droid is referred to the “Uber droid” right?

My big question, where are all these photos today of the carbon fiber droid? Was it all top secret back then? I don’t ever remember seeing the inside

But once he took the dome off it was swarmed and everyone was snapping photos

This carbon droid is referred to the “Uber droid” right?
There are a LOT of pics that were initially kept offline for various reasons. However, I do plan on sharing some of those in some follow up vids that I will be shooting soon. I just wanted to get a lot of the DVD content posted first to launch the channel.

And yes…the ILM droid is often called the “Uber R2”. Carbon fiber legs and body…aluminum dome from the OT…and a steerable middle foot (which made turns a little tricky at first)

Jason

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back