(Into the Spider-Verse) Peter B. Parker

allerdale

I've been out of the cosplay game for a little while in terms of actually putting together a new costume. That being said, I'm working on a "Hobo" Peter costume from Spider-Verse. I'm having some trouble finding the jacket in terms of getting the right style/look + the length... It's pretty easy to find a jacket that has the right collar, pockets, etc. but not at the length. The suit top, sweatpants and mixed shoes haven't been much of an issue... But I'd appreciate some advice on the coat!

Also, is anyone else working on anything Into the Spider-Verse specific?

g0ml4sQ.png

Can’t help with the coat recommendation, but I plan on doing the same for the Indy ComicCon this spring, first cosplay Spider-Man I’d be able to pull off in more than a decade lol

And don’t forget to grab a bagel....

Last edited:
Closest thing I've found to Peter's green coat is a Czech OD Military parka. They're correct in terms of length, (Hem just at the knee) they just need the top chest pockets added, and the liner and hood removed. Also, the parka needs adjustments on the buttons, possibly new buttons (black snap fastener kind), but nothing too difficult. Also, grey sneaker is a charcoal Converse low-top, and the tan boot is a Timberland Composite work boot.

Also attempting this cosplay. Cheers, everybody!

References:

yYJiwtS.jpg

pJh2GFM.jpg

5WxqPF8.jpg

Last edited:
Closest thing I've found to Peter's green coat is a Czech OD Military parka. They're correct in terms of length, (Hem just at the knee) they just need the top chest pockets added, and the liner and hood removed. Also, the parka needs adjustments on the buttons, possibly new buttons (black snap fastener kind), but nothing too difficult. Also, grey sneaker is a charcoal Converse low-top, and the tan boot is a Timberland Composite work boot.

References:

View attachment 970646

View attachment 970647

View attachment 970648
Used your search terms for the Czech jacket and through a few rabbit holes found this Belgium military M89 parka that looks decently close:

Belgian Army Parka M89 Olive Coat

I'm working on Mile Morales's suit(even if it just to ordered classic spiderman suit) And still try to figure a way to paint spendex.
I only have Motorcycle Spraypaint with me because I use it for graffiti and doesn't have enough money or knowing any place that sell Fabric paint.
Will it work? I try to serch everywhere but no one tell me what will happen when we spray painted spandex.

I only have only this one suit and don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work.

I'm working on Mile Morales's suit(even if it just to ordered classic spiderman suit) And still try to figure a way to paint spendex.
I only have Motorcycle Spraypaint with me because I use it for graffiti and doesn't have enough money or knowing any place that sell Fabric paint.
Will it work? I try to serch everywhere but no one tell me what will happen when we spray painted spandex.

I only have only this one suit and don't want to waste my money if it doesn't work.
Don't know if it will work, but what you could do is purchase a spandex swatch from spandexworld of the material and try painting that. That way your only spending about $2 to see if it works.

Anybody have any leads on which sweatpants Peter wears? Or ones that are similar? I noticed there is no drawstring in front, but possibly inside.

I would recommend that you don't use motorcycle spraypaint. If you have a craft store near you, Tulip makes a fabric spray paint called "Color Shot" that comes in several colors. Be careful though, it comes out heavy.

Does anyone know how to make a good pattern? Or is there a good Peter B Parker pattern around that's cheap? I'm looking to buy the zentai zone costume but looking to save money so if I can find a cheaper print that would be cool.

Otherwise it will be around $130 for just the suit and no extras.

Thanks

Does anyone know how to make a good pattern? Or is there a good Peter B Parker pattern around that's cheap? I'm looking to buy the zentai zone costume but looking to save money so if I can find a cheaper print that would be cool.

Otherwise it will be around $130 for just the suit and no extras.

Thanks
There are other cheap places, but the nice thing about ZZ and other more reputable places, they offer custom sizing AND pay the pattern maker for usage of the suit. Other places tend to not pay the pattern maker and just use the cheapest white lycra they can get. With ZZ and the like there are options for more sturdier Super Lycra.

]

Came here looking for this info. Thanks so much!

My M89 is here, and it's so perfect! Gonna take it to a tailor and see if they can remove the epaulettes just for a little added accuracy, but if they say it's not possible? No big deal.

Question about the Zentai Zone suit: How can you request removable boots? I see the option for detachable mask and gloves but not the boots. And if it's something you have to put in the comments, I'm assuming they charge extra?

Anyone with any insight on this? SneakyDerezzer?

Question about the Zentai Zone suit: How can you request removable boots? I see the option for detachable mask and gloves but not the boots. And if it's something you have to put in the comments, I'm assuming they charge extra?

Also, is anyone using anything other than the ZZ suit? I'd like to see what alternatives, if any, are out there!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back