Interesting article on new xbox

Yeah, I think I'll pass on the Xbox One. The price tag is stupidly high right now, and frankly, I already have other devices that do the same thing it does. A new HALO game doesn't make me give a crap about buying one, either.

$499 is a bit steep.. I don't think anyone was expecting it to be quite so high. Even the top analysts were saying $299-399.

Hope Sony doesn't end up about the same, it'll be an expensive Christmas.

Nobody was expecting it to be that high and it just drove a lot more gamers away. I guarantee between parents seeing the privacy issues with the camera/mic, the need of constant net and other costs and now this they're not going to want to buy it for their kids in this economy. I know a ton of soldiers overseas are going to boycott it because of needing the net. It's the screw anyone who isn't in the city mentality a lot of the game industry has now.

You're right there is little cross over.

The thing that is killing the industry is the industry itself.
No capability to play the games from prior generation consoles and the decreasing build quality and durability of the newer 'Better' consoles.
The original X-box was and still is a tank, X-360 and PS3 are fragile and fiddly by comparison.

The industry's been dying for the last two or three generations now.. what's that, going on fifteen years or so? I think they'll be alright.

Their latest thing is that mobile gaming is "taking over", as if people stop playing their consoles in favor of their phones. Two different audiences, and there's surprisingly little crossover between people that play Call of Duty and people that play Angry Birds. Two different sets of gamers, one does not automatically replace the other.

Halo 5 looked okay but not enough to justify 500 and all the crap you gotta deal with. A couple of idiots on yahoo were bashing folks for not wanting one saying you can't be spied on. Tell that to folks who had their webcams hacked.

It's still all cut scenes at this point. After watching all the trailers, I am underwhelmed. I see nothing that says "Next Gen" to me. All of this stuff... ALL of it looks like it is being played on a 360.
No thanks!

Halo 5 looked okay but not enough to justify 500 and all the crap you gotta deal with. A couple of idiots on yahoo were bashing folks for not wanting one saying you can't be spied on. Tell that to folks who had their webcams hacked.

You cant help or argue with people that have their heads in the sand.

Something else that hurts new systems are the peripherals.
I bought the PS3 shoot and there are no games that support it after the re-release of Golden Eye.? They didn't even try to have it work with Aliens Colonial Marine.
If companies don't support currently fielded hardware why should consumers buy new stuff.

OOHHHHH IT'S OVER!! Sony just announced officially at E3 that the PS4 supports used games and they can be resold, sold, lent and traded without penalty. I saw it coming!!! GOODBYE XBOX! Way to commit social suicide!!

Yeah I was watching the live E3 coverage and when Sony announced that when you buy you own and no on line required at all if you want. My wife said "So I guess we're getting a PS4 this time?"
She also asked if it has a Blu-ray player and can connect to Netflix. I said yes to both and told her it was also $100 cheaper then the X1.... Need I say more?

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back