Interest INT: Active project: 1:1 accurate MAUSER REPLICA is READY!!!

So what's the final material? Looks like steel to me.

Either way, thank god I don't have to go through the trouble of obtaining a gun license in Australia and drilling into an actual piece of history.

Looking pretty good, man! (y)

Note: the models I gave you are externally based on the ANH Hero Blaster, as intended. Though I can see that there are a few machining discrepancies thus far, such as the thickness of the trigger guard and the radius on the front-bottom of the mag-well, above the mag-well plate. And also the radius between the trigger guard and the grip-frame is made up of multiple radiuses causing a longer, somewhat ovular space between the two as per real Mauser C96's, rather than a lone radius.

But all in all, this is still the nicest replica C96s that I have seen ever, easily. Awesome work so far!

-Carson

I'll just leave this here; courtesy scottjua.

Gonna be hell to try and get it shipped to Australia. Gonna need a police certificate for importation of replica firearm since it's going to wizz the metal detectors like hell and being me, surely don't want to have to go to jail for illegal importation of firearms without permission.

Last time I applied for permission to get into a pistol club, I never received either a denial or acceptance letter (Which is what you are suppose to receive to bring to a gun club) which goes to show how much attention our police give forms.

Last edited:
there is no signup, hurry up!

Extremely well done! I’m not surprised knowing Chris. His scanning work and attention to detail is top shelf stuff. Congratulations to all who will be entering this replica world(y)

These look incredible, but I am honestly a little disappointed by the grips. I was hoping for some accurate wood grips to finally be available, not only for these replicas but for replacements on real Mausers. What material are these made from? In the video, they also appear to have that more flattened profile, similar to a Denix grip....that could just be angles and material confusing me though.

Last edited:
There are wood grips being made. I don't know what they look like yet, as Chris hasn't received them. But also DEC used to make wood grips for real Mausers, and I will talk to him as well.

You can't have everything and have the cost down unfortunately. Machined custom wood grips would add another $100 easily.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back