Interest INT: Active project: 1:1 accurate MAUSER REPLICA is READY!!!

That's really some seriously amazing machining there, Chris, honestly...but which variation of this blaster are we aiming towards here, guys?

I designed those 3D models intentionally for them to be produced into ANH C96 replicas specifically, countless hours went into them along with the help of Pat, and many other members of the RPF over several years. Without the option of an accurate bull-barrel, serial#, lump etc. there isn't much use for this for us ANH people who have invested so much time into studying and trying to recreate this prop, 'accurately'. Literal years went into this work and research to produce these models and dimentions.

-Carson

Last edited:
Well people use their MGC on all sorts of builds that weren’t actually built on one, so I’m gonna go out on a limb and say: all the variations.

It is incredible what was achieved. I've watched this project with great interest and respect as it developed.
But I must agree with deadbolt that a more ANH specific Mauser would have been nicer for people wanting ANH Han blasters.
Most of these details could have been as easy as small adjustments to the milled pockets and removing a bit more metal from the frame here and there than what is currently on the replicas.

When so many of the interesting specifics are known it seems a shame to leave them out in favor of a more generic Mauser replica. That same ANH Mauser replica base could have been used for the non specific Mausers used for Han and Luke ESB and it would have been more appropriate than using the generic for ANH.

I hope this can be seen as constructive feedback hoping to be considered for a future run. I really do have great respect for what Chris has achieved.

It is incredible what was achieved. I've watched this project with great interest and respect as it developed.
But I must agree with deadbolt that a more ANH specific Mauser would have been nicer for people wanting ANH Han blasters.
Most of these details could have been as easy as small adjustments to the milled pockets and removing a bit more metal from the frame here and there than what is currently on the replicas.

When so many of the interesting specifics are known it seems a shame to leave them out in favor of a more generic Mauser replica. That same ANH Mauser replica base could have been used for the non specific Mausers used for Han and Luke ESB and it would have been more appropriate than using the generic for ANH.

I hope this can be seen as constructive feedback hoping to be considered for a future run. I really do have great respect for what Chris has achieved.

IMO, a real Mauser C96 will always be more authentic to the screen-used prop than any replica. I mean, Chris' replica can't shoot bullets like the real Star Wars prop, either.

But even an authentic Mauser will never have the correct ANH-matching markings, millings, etc. The difference is that Chris' replica mauser is easier to modify to anyone's specific desires, and modifying it also does not destroy a 100 year old piece of history.

Last edited:
But even an authentic Mauser will never have the correct ANH-matching markings, millings, etc.

That is precisely the point. I love history and am personally opposed to cutting up a real gun. Even if I could afford one at the moment it is very difficult to get one which has similar features, finish, and stamps to the ANH. I would have loved this replica to go full on with these details which could have been the only option to get a replica that is indistinguishable from the actual hero prop down to the stamping if one wished ;or at least get close enough so that the hardcore could them to their liking. This replica could have been fine tuned to ANH specs and still have been more than fine to use for the other versions.
I'd rather have a perfectly accurate ANH Hero Mauser base which could also be used with the full barrel option for accurate ESB Hero blasters.
Instead this replica is best suited for ESB Hero versions (which we dont have great reference of) and any other version that could be done will have slightly different features to the base guns used for every other version.
I love that Chris' replica features the Mauser engraving btw. His replica certainly far exceeds Denix or MGC replicas (when they are used as a base for Hero replicas)

What exactly are these "features" that are more authentic to one version or another? Are we talking about a different era of Mauser production, or just imperfections or mods specific to the ANH base Mauser? Just curious, as I'm not even aware of what's being discussed here. I think Chris chose the best route with a more generic Mauser, regardless. Thanks for your work on these, hoping to be able to save up in time for the next run! This replica has been a dream of mine since my first Denix build

I'm so ready to pounce on this! I just need a few more funds to come in...

I need to seriously get my as-production-made V2's done. This and the V2's would complete my Star Wars holy grails.

You've got two main groups here: The group that wants precise screen accuracy and the group that wants an optimised blaster prop.

My blasters are screen accurate to the mechanical details and I have weathered them to match what I think a Star Wars universe blaster would look like including grease and grime and wear patterns from use. I don't use the "probable" weathering techniques used by the original prop builders. I do not recreate exact scratches, dents, serial numbers, etc.

Both groups are perfectly valid. The first group will have issue with these wonderful replicas, the second group will not.

That said, these props are epic. I seriously have no other means to describe them. They are both accurate and elegant. I want one, just to have a strong prop I'm not afraid to break the mechanism.

IMG_1274_zpsqkr08y9h.jpg
IMG_1276_zpsijgaq4un.jpg
IMG_1279_zpso2oxexbu.jpg
IMG_1274_zpsqkr08y9h.jpg
__EF69F8D0-4E90-4EB9-B495-4D91D0075F31_zps44f172bw.jpg

Ok, I went the website and all I saw were offerings for an ANH kit and not just the Mauser, which is what I want for my BD ROTJ kit. Did I miss where that link was posted?

also, would you offer the other movie predrilled offers?

Field Marshall does offer just the base gun. It's the first option in the menu. The parts are incredible- the main upper and lower pieces need standing to remove the machining marks, I can't wait to start working on mine :)

UJHHHH those machine mark are on the real mausers dont remove to many of them

Hey Chris, just a question to make sure I understand correctly the choices on the website.
If for instance I take the full barrel version with the predrilled Luke Bespin Scope and Mount for +109$, what do I get?
Mauser + holes already made for the mount + scope + mount and I need to buy the flash hider separetely?
thanks (y)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back