info requested - JK2 kyle saber

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by hydin, Jan 21, 2006.

1. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

just curious about something. ive made a few replicas that i want to piece together on a JK2 shelf, and the saber is one piece i have wanted for a while.

has anyone made it? i think i recall a blueprint or something being availible for one to be machined out.

if someone can point me in the right direction, id be appreciative. i am NOT, repeat NOT looking to buy one right now. just need some details if someone has a replica of it. might buy one later, but before i leap into that chasm of debt i want to make sure my display idea is gonna work :D

thanks
    chris

2. gpghosts

gpghosts Well-Known Member

sure i know what design or pattern you are talking about my young apprentice :)

[​IMG]

3. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

i got one for sale right now if you want it...

lol...jk

you might talk to wizardofflight Chris...he is a CAD wizard, could probably turn one out for you ASAP

4. Gilmortar

Gilmortar Sr Member

or gp will post it 2 seconds before my post...

5. kalarcana

kalarcana Well-Known Member

Chris,

I'm also one of the ones who, for some unknown reason, totally love that saber. Some time last year Luke was considering having a run made. I don't think it ever went forward. But there's no better time than the present to bring it back up.

Rick

6. hydin

the only, and i mean ONLY thing i dont like about that saber is the weird bevel emitter. i always thought it was a flat end circle like the luke ROTJ.

i remember there was mention of a run a while back, but it was a long long time ago. shortly after the game came out. its been out for a while now.

still one of my favorite games though :D

appreciate the blueprint :), now i just gotta do some calculating and i may be able to swing something in a month or so :D

thanks again.
    chris

7. gpghosts

gpghosts Well-Known Member

no prob chris i also have wanted the saber but since im unemployed i will have to work another job if i want to get one

8. hydin

le bump, cause this is too awesome to miss.

9. sabersiao

sabersiao Active Member

there is 1 guy that did a machined version long long time ago. the 1 i have is a hardware version. i see if i can still find the pics

10. wolverine solo

wolverine solo Well-Known Member

would be cool to have a run of these done. got the first kyle katarn saber,might as well have both.

11. lesternessman

lesternessman Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(sabersiao @ Jul 31 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1291075[/snapback]</div>

[​IMG]

12. sabersiao

sabersiao Active Member

this is the 1 i have. using measurements from sitharchive.
    link

13. JunkSabers1138

JunkSabers1138 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Jul 31 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1291127[/snapback]</div>

[​IMG]
    [/b][/quote]

Are the pommel cubes in that pic T-track bits?

14. Rabittooth

Rabittooth Well-Known Member

15. JunkSabers1138

JunkSabers1138 Sr Member

Could you please post the pics? It says "Forbidden: 404 ERROR" when I click it.

16. Rabittooth

17. JunkSabers1138

JunkSabers1138 Sr Member

Nope. Thanks though.

18. sabersiao

sabersiao Active Member

cut n paste works fine for me

19. Rabittooth

Yeah...try cut and paste...if that doesn't work, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll send em to ya.

-Rabittooth

20. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

Cut and paste works for me. Very cool.

A while back someone posted a version they did without machining. They just used various sizes of metal stock (rod, bar, etc.), but I lost the link.

21. wolverine solo

wolverine solo Well-Known Member

there was a fella did one every now and then and had them for sale on ebay, they were pvc and went for not alot. havent seen him sell any for months now.

22. Snoballz

Snoballz Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Rabittooth @ Jul 31 2006, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1291411[/snapback]</div>
    I wanted to purchased that saber... but I have to set my limits to OT for now.
    Beautiful piece, wasn't it?

23. thd9791

thd9791 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This is pretty awesome if I must say. LOVE this game, and always thought it funny the combination of luke/Qui-Gon parts. Never knew anyone though to create it!