info requested - JK2 kyle saber

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
just curious about something. ive made a few replicas that i want to piece together on a JK2 shelf, and the saber is one piece i have wanted for a while.

has anyone made it? i think i recall a blueprint or something being availible for one to be machined out.

if someone can point me in the right direction, id be appreciative. i am NOT, repeat NOT looking to buy one right now. just need some details if someone has a replica of it. might buy one later, but before i leap into that chasm of debt i want to make sure my display idea is gonna work :D

thanks
chris

Gilmortar

Sr Member
i got one for sale right now if you want it...

lol...jk

you might talk to wizardofflight Chris...he is a CAD wizard, could probably turn one out for you ASAP

kalarcana

Chris,

I'm also one of the ones who, for some unknown reason, totally love that saber. Some time last year Luke was considering having a run made. I don't think it ever went forward. But there's no better time than the present to bring it back up.

Rick

hydin

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
the only, and i mean ONLY thing i dont like about that saber is the weird bevel emitter. i always thought it was a flat end circle like the luke ROTJ.

i remember there was mention of a run a while back, but it was a long long time ago. shortly after the game came out. its been out for a while now.

still one of my favorite games though :D

appreciate the blueprint :), now i just gotta do some calculating and i may be able to swing something in a month or so :D

thanks again.
chris

gpghosts

no prob chris i also have wanted the saber but since im unemployed i will have to work another job if i want to get one

sabersiao

there is 1 guy that did a machined version long long time ago. the 1 i have is a hardware version. i see if i can still find the pics

lesternessman

<div class='quotetop'>(sabersiao @ Jul 31 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1291075[/snapback]</div>
there is 1 guy that did a machined version long long time ago. the 1 i have is a hardware version. i see if i can still find the pics
[/b]

JunkSabers1138

Sr Member
<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Jul 31 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1291127[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(sabersiao @ Jul 31 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1291075[/snapback]
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Are the pommel cubes in that pic T-track bits?

Rabittooth

Yeah...try cut and paste...if that doesn't work, shoot me a PM with your email addy and I'll send em to ya.

-Rabittooth

Sluis Van Shipyards

Master Member
Cut and paste works for me. Very cool.

A while back someone posted a version they did without machining. They just used various sizes of metal stock (rod, bar, etc.), but I lost the link.