info requested - JK2 kyle saber

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
just curious about something. ive made a few replicas that i want to piece together on a JK2 shelf, and the saber is one piece i have wanted for a while.

has anyone made it? i think i recall a blueprint or something being availible for one to be machined out.

if someone can point me in the right direction, id be appreciative. i am NOT, repeat NOT looking to buy one right now. just need some details if someone has a replica of it. might buy one later, but before i leap into that chasm of debt i want to make sure my display idea is gonna work :D

thanks
chris

sure i know what design or pattern you are talking about my young apprentice :)

kyle_giant.png

i got one for sale right now if you want it...

lol...jk

you might talk to wizardofflight Chris...he is a CAD wizard, could probably turn one out for you ASAP

Chris,

I'm also one of the ones who, for some unknown reason, totally love that saber. Some time last year Luke was considering having a run made. I don't think it ever went forward. But there's no better time than the present to bring it back up.

Rick

the only, and i mean ONLY thing i dont like about that saber is the weird bevel emitter. i always thought it was a flat end circle like the luke ROTJ.

i remember there was mention of a run a while back, but it was a long long time ago. shortly after the game came out. its been out for a while now.

still one of my favorite games though :D

appreciate the blueprint :), now i just gotta do some calculating and i may be able to swing something in a month or so :D

thanks again.
chris

no prob chris i also have wanted the saber but since im unemployed i will have to work another job if i want to get one

there is 1 guy that did a machined version long long time ago. the 1 i have is a hardware version. i see if i can still find the pics

<div class='quotetop'>(sabersiao @ Jul 31 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1291075[/snapback]</div>
there is 1 guy that did a machined version long long time ago. the 1 i have is a hardware version. i see if i can still find the pics
[/b]

metal%20JKA.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(lesternessman @ Jul 31 2006, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1291127[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(sabersiao @ Jul 31 2006, 04:06 AM) [snapback]1291075[/snapback]
[/b]

metal%20JKA.jpg

[/b][/quote]

Are the pommel cubes in that pic T-track bits?

Cut and paste works for me. Very cool.

A while back someone posted a version they did without machining. They just used various sizes of metal stock (rod, bar, etc.), but I lost the link.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back