Indy Temple of Doom Gong

GeordieIndy

Sr Member
For a while now I have been wanting to have a good quality classy medallion made, something maybe 5mm thick by 3.5" - 4" in diameter. I was thinking about having the design of the Temple of Doom gong on one side, but rather than just replicate the gong, was thinking about some other design on the back of it.

Here are the pics I have of the gong:

74716678.jpg

98581496.jpg

61611148.jpg

86571083.jpg

94115568.jpg

60961223.jpg

For the other side I have all kinds of ideas but I would love to hear your ideas! So anyone with some artistic talent, please feel free to post some designs!!!

I was looking to maybe incorporate the dragon in the circles at each side of the Club Obi Wan name and on the metal railings as can be seen in the pics below, but I don't think this is really going to be that great.

80955547.jpg

dragon2fj.jpg

dragon1k.jpg

Any thoughts, ideas or designs welcome.

Cheers,

Andy

Oh I dunno...I think a maquette of the gong and stand would be quite successful;)

What about some Chinese characters on the other side?

Best
Taz

I can't remember exactly what this says, it's not straight forward Club Obi Wan, but it's something along those lines, but that might be a no go, not sure?

chinesewriting.jpg

Andy

Hey Taz,

Was this the kind of thing you were thinking of?

szodiacgongsag.jpg

deskgonglg.jpg

Someone else recently was suggesting the same kind of thing... Some of these online are quite big with the gongs being 5" - 6" in size, and they are not too expensive!

Andy

Maybe on the back side have a bas-relief Indiana in a walking position as if he was walking with the gong hiding from the gunfire?
Yeah, kinda silly.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back