Indy coming to Blu-Ray this fall

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ain't It Cool News: The best in movie, TV, DVD, and comic book news.

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (February 29, 2012) – The man with the hat is back – and looking better than ever! The world’s favorite globe-trotting archaeologist is, at long last, embarking on his greatest adventure – when The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection comes to Blu-ray Disc from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Media Distribution. The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection will be excavated in the fall of 2012 and will include all four of Indy’s thrilling adventures, using the highest possible high definition picture and audio presentation – along with a “best of” collection of documentaries, interviews, featurettes and a few new surprises.

I hope they eventually sell them separate (only want Raiders).

Doug

Ditto on the separate copies. I only recognize the existence of the first three.

Also, I advise folks to avoid pre-orders. Given how the recent Star Wars releases still have crappy color correction, audio issues, etc., I'm at least going to wait to see whether the technical job has been done properly before plunking down my cash.

Ditto on the separate copies. I only recognize the existence of the first three.

Also, I advise folks to avoid pre-orders. Given how the recent Star Wars releases still have crappy color correction, audio issues, etc., I'm at least going to wait to see whether the technical job has been done properly before plunking down my cash.

Yeah, I'll be doing the same. I'll wait till after I've read a few online reviews and what not.

Still, I'd rather not pay money for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull...

I agree on both points!

Thank you kind sir!

And in 5 more years you'll be wanting them on 4K Media (discs?)

Here's more of my money, Steven & George.... :lol

Not for us soon to be geezers! :darnkids I think Bluray is the peak for us slipping into sight degeneration. We'll slowly start dusting off our DVD's then eventually revert back to VHS. Our only hope is direct to brain format.

Doug

I don't think we'll have to worry about the transfers. The JAWS Blu-Ray is reportedly beautiful. With these being Paramounts 100th year and Indy being a tentpole of the company, they'll do a good job.

Eh, I'm actually pretty stingy with my cash around George. THIS I will be there for though. There like white on rice on a paper plate in the middle of a snowstorm.

Here's a link to the Blu-ray release trailer

I don't think we'll have to worry about the transfers. The JAWS Blu-Ray is reportedly beautiful. With these being Paramounts 100th year and Indy being a tentpole of the company, they'll do a good job.

That's a good point, although I think it depends on which company is doing the work, and whether there are "restoration" efforts being made. I'm just leery given how the Star Wars franchise has been handled from a technical perspective.

I know these films won't be digitally mucked with in terms of "Look! A cartoon monkey in Raiders now who not only does the sieg heil but also dances to Hello Ma Baby!"

It's more the "WTF?! You can literally SEE where the color filter they used shifts here! It's like night and day! And why the hell are the rear channels reversed?!" stuff that I worry about.

It may be nothing. They may do a fantastic job. I'm just saying I wouldn't give in to knee-jerk pre-order hoopla and hype, and would simply wait to make sure they did it up right. I'd look at the most critical sources -- especially the ones who blew the whistle on the Star Wars transfers, since they'll probably be especially vigilant on this one.

I heard that Lucas is replacing his whip with a walkie-talkie to be more P.C.

And in Raiders the sword guy throws his sword at Indy before he shoots him.

For me all I want is Raiders & Crusade with the special features. Not particularly bothered about paying for the others though, both TOD and KOTCS had their moments even if I didn't really like the films.

This would be really nice if it were done well.

I recently watched my Collector's DVD of Last Crusade, and - not having seen it in a few years, and recently getting "into" picture and sound quality stuff more - I was shocked at how low quality it was. It looked and sounded awful.

These movies would be brilliant in high quality. Let's hope the folks who do the work know what the heck they're doing, unlike with Star Wars.

And in Raiders the sword guy throws his sword at Indy before he shoots him.

vader.jpg

I hope they fix the matte lines on that Messerschmidt...

Speilberg has said he won't fix any of his films. He learned his lesson from ET. He wants them seen warts and all as a testament to the time in which they were made. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back