Indiana Jones Style Raiders Trousers in Cotton by KarolianDryGoods Surplus - Limited Run

Egon

Sr Member
Available for purchase here: Preorder - Pleated Officer Trousers - Cairo Olive

Made in cotton cavalry twill, these trousers faithfully reproduce the style worn by Indy in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

They have 7 belt loops, folded waistband, angled front entry pockets, straight fit, 4 inch military style hem, angled rear dart, scalloped rear pockets, and button fly.

This is a preorder, they will ship when all items are produced.

Thanks for lookin!

Attachments

• A520F486-6084-4439-B607-1B92E28DBCB4.jpeg
    A520F486-6084-4439-B607-1B92E28DBCB4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 331
  • 5CE7C2F2-27E5-49D8-BA96-6724B648D62A.jpeg
    5CE7C2F2-27E5-49D8-BA96-6724B648D62A.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
  • 4E72B874-8BB9-4360-B24D-DCAA9A1794BF.jpeg
    4E72B874-8BB9-4360-B24D-DCAA9A1794BF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • FFC5D908-07E6-4D84-9564-6C8C44D07216.jpeg
    FFC5D908-07E6-4D84-9564-6C8C44D07216.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 404
Are you able to offer custom inseams?

I’m 6’3” and finding trousers with the military hem and the baggy look has been challenging…

Sean

As far as the manufacturing goes, I went with all 34 inseams (+ the 4 inch military hem) to try and hit the middle as far as needs go. They're a pretty straight cut, so the hemming will be easy for a tailor to take up or let out.

In the photos, I hemmed them an additional 4 inches (so a 30 inseam) and I am 5'11" and they still have quite a break to them. Everyone's build is different, but at 6'3" the 34 may work without needing to let out the hem because of their lower crotch rise.

Unfortunately I don't have the capital (or frankly storage space) to carry each waist size in additional inseams. But I wanted something I little more ready to go than the in-hemmed Wested's.

Is waist sizing approximately the same as an "average" pair of pants or is there a particular measurement I can take?

Is waist sizing approximately the same as an "average" pair of pants or is there a particular measurement I can take?
Sizing is definitely closer to retail sizing.

The 36 waist samples fit very much like my ll bean slacks, Old Navy jeans, etc in their 36 waist.

These trousers look great! I'm definitely interested in pre-ordering a pair, but had some questions about some other items too. I sent you a PM here on the RPF as well as some messages on Instagram, but they seem to have not reached you. Please let me know if there is some issue on my end as it would be great to connect!

These trousers look great! I'm definitely interested in pre-ordering a pair, but had some questions about some other items too. I sent you a PM here on the RPF as well as some messages on Instagram, but they seem to have not reached you. Please let me know if there is some issue on my end as it would be great to connect!
I hit you back on Instagram (y)

I'm interested in some pants too. I want to make sure I get the sizing right though - I've lately found that vanity sizing is taking over at least some of the men's retail market, even though pants are given in inches and not more subjective sizes. I used to wear a 32 waist in Levi's jeans, and now I'm wearing what they call a 30, even though I'm the same weight/size as I ever was. Are you able to make a recommendation? Should I order a pair of 30s?

Thanks,

K.

I'm interested in some pants too. I want to make sure I get the sizing right though - I've lately found that vanity sizing is taking over at least some of the men's retail market, even though pants are given in inches and not more subjective sizes. I used to wear a 32 waist in Levi's jeans, and now I'm wearing what they call a 30, even though I'm the same weight/size as I ever was. Are you able to make a recommendation? Should I order a pair of 30s?

Thanks,

K.
Hey!

Thanks for reaching out.

Pants are always tricky for sizing. As you said, between vanity sizing and different fits, manufacturing processes etc, it can be a challenge.
The size chart of the site is pretty accurate (at least with the samples I received).

Generally, I find hip measurements more accurate of an indicator for sizing, but remember that there should be some room to move.

That said, I will have several pairs of each size, so I can always swap them out for you (pending of course the pair shipped are returned, undamaged, etc)

If it helps, I wear a 36 at Old Navy (though their sizing varies a lot because of die cutting the fabric, where my trousers are done by a cutter) and a 36 in LL Bean. The samples I ordered were 36 according to my pattern grading I gave them, and that is what I am wearing in the product photos. I think my actual naval waist measurement is 37.5

I received my trousers today, they’re absolutely great. Especially compared to my WPG trousers, which feel like costume pants in comparison. Thanks a ton, Egon!
I'm glad you like them!

I have found they're pretty comfy too! I made some wool ones for myself awhile back (different than the ones I have in my thread somewhere on here) and these are definitely easier to wear.

I'm going to try some dry shampoo on them to get them looking dusty!

Hey all,

These have done really well! After the success of the Cairo Olive, I am happy to introduce a new color added to the line "Desert Grey"

They are available for preorder here:

Attachments

• Indy Trousers Warm Grey Watermarked copy.png
    Indy Trousers Warm Grey Watermarked copy.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 88

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back