Indiana Jones revolver

I ordered mine back in May after seeing you guys post the link here. It shipped from Japan on a Thursday and was delivered the following Monday (I live in upstate NY). I was amazed by how fast it got here. It did spend one night (Friday) in customs in Hawaii, but quickly moved on to Oakland, CA the next morning.

The last thing I got from overseas it seemed to be in customs in New York City for about a day, then it took a journey around the east coast for the next 2 weeks before I finally received it.

I ordered mine back in May after seeing you guys post the link here. It shipped from Japan on a Thursday and was delivered the following Monday (I live in upstate NY). I was amazed by how fast it got here. It did spend one night (Friday) in customs in Hawaii, but quickly moved on to Oakland, CA the next morning.

I'm surprised it arrived that quickly with the Coronavirus putting the kibosh on a lot of overseas shipping. I ordered some airsoft guns from Asia the end of April - beginning of May and was told the following via Skype:

"During the Coronavirus Outbreak all over the worldwide from China, Most of the Airmail Shipping to worldwide had been suspended.

That may takes 1 and half for instating the shipping. Therefore We have tried to find the fastest to get those items to be delivered to your door
For this matter of time, we will ship them with Surface service, and that would be taking 40 days to 60 days for the delivery."

I gotta ask for anyone who has gotten one: Psab keel, AJK001 , SethS, CT1138, etc. How long did yours sit in "customs jail" or where it says "clearance delay", before being sent on it's way. I know one member said it was all off and showed up before it even showed a delivery date. Did everyone's go through Hawaii or did anyone's go through LA or some other port?
Mine was picked in the fulfillment facility within two hours before sitting in "awaiting shipment" for over two weeks. Then the next thing I know, it pings in Tennessee before being on my doorstep the next day.

I received the Tanaka steel finish version and have attached a photo with other versions for comparison. Standard Tanaka finish (matte) is the top one, the Tanaka steel finish is the center one, while Sarednab’s all metal version is the bottom one. Note that I swapped out the resin grips on Sarednab’s iteration for a pair of wood ones.
All three have identical shapes, but Sarednab’s version has more mechanical functionality than the Tanaka. E.g., can insert dummy rounds, the firing pin can be pulled out of the cylinder. However the Tanaka is an airgun. In addition, Sarednab’s has additional s&w markings on the left side, which are accurate to the screen used prop.

For reference on the Tanaka, the yoke, cylinder, ejector rod, lanyard, hammer, trigger, and right side plate are all metal. The ejector rod in particular is steel. The frame and barrel are plastic. If you’re familiar with a tomenosuke blade runner, the Tanaka generally has the same breakdown of metal to plastic components, except that the Tomenosuke also has a metal grip frame.

AE9A6A07-8E8A-49D0-8122-617A69907C53.jpeg

Last edited:
Those look great el toro!

As for my Tanaka's, it's Saturday and I've waited as long as I can. Still no letter from U.S. Customs. I'm sick of waiting and I'm filing Buyer's protection with PayPal. I want my money back.

A bit of a side bar but if we could convince Field Marshall to make an accurate Webley "WG" who would get one?

As for my Tanaka's, it's Saturday and I've waited as long as I can. Still no letter from U.S. Customs. I'm sick of waiting and I'm filing Buyer's protection with PayPal. I want my money back.

A bit of a side bar but if we could convince Field Marshall to make an accurate Webley "WG" who would get one?

I would!

el toro, also forgot to mention, you did a great job on your Scarednab version. I'm still waiting on my 2nd half to arrive.

solos blaster The standard Tanaka took a full week from Japan and came from the same Airshop that was linked in the first few posts in this thread. The steel finish Tanaka came within 6 days from a Taiwanese shop; however, before shipping, this shop took about 1-2 weeks to prepare the Tanaka for customs and to send me photos and a video of the measured air speed. For reference, I'm in NYC.

Thanks about the Sarednab. It's really nice. However, I noticed that Sarednab's had a different reaction to superblue and blue wonder than denix's and tomenosuke's normally have. On the latter, superblue or blue wonder solutions create dark blue hues which were super shiny with a bit of finishing oil. The reaction on Sarednab's was closer to a dark grey hue. I think that Sarednab's pieces were made of either pewter, bismuth? (maybe) or zanak depending on the piece. The grey looks nice and is a change of pace from the dark blue hues.

Psab Kael If FM were to weigh making an accurate WG, you can count on my vote.

Last edited:
solos blaster The standard Tanaka took a full week from Japan and came from the same Airshop that was linked in the first few posts in this thread. The steel finish Tanaka came within 6 days from a Taiwanese shop; however, before shipping, this shop took about 1-2 weeks to prepare the Tanaka for customs and to send me photos and a video of the measured air speed. For reference, I'm in NYC.

Thanks about the Sarednab. It's really nice. However, I noticed that Sarednab's had a different reaction to superblue and blue wonder than denix's and tomenosuke's normally have. On the latter, superblue or blue wonder solutions create dark blue hues which were super shiny with a bit of finishing oil. The reaction on Sarednab's was closer to a dark grey hue. I think that Sarednab's pieces were made of either pewter, bismuth? (maybe) or zanak depending on the piece. The grey looks nice and is a change of pace from the dark blue hues.

Psab Kael If FM were to weigh making an accurate WG, you can count on my vote.

I like the color of it, it looks like well traveled and used m1917. I think the Scarednab m1917 is pewter, while denixes are potmetal and they absorb the super blue like it's going out of style. I used like 2-3 bottles on my ESB DL-44s, (UGH).

You got your Tanaka quick! I just hit a week in customs.

Even if it was a static aluminum build I would be down for one!

Dude, if he was going to do do this....let's have it done right lol. Solid barrel like the mauser, but I gotta have a working cylinder and hammer ;) lol. Perhaps, perhaps, even load cartridges like the Scarednab.

I received the Tanaka steel finish version and have attached a photo with other versions for comparison. Standard Tanaka finish (matte) is the top one, the Tanaka steel finish is the center one, while Sarednab’s all metal version is the bottom one. Note that I swapped out the resin grips on Sarednab’s iteration for a pair of wood ones.
All three have identical shapes, but Sarednab’s version has more mechanical functionality than the Tanaka. E.g., can insert dummy rounds, the firing pin can be pulled out of the cylinder. However the Tanaka is an airgun. In addition, Sarednab’s has additional s&w markings on the left side, which are accurate to the screen used prop.

For reference on the Tanaka, the yoke, cylinder, ejector rod, lanyard, hammer, trigger, and right side plate are all metal. The ejector rod in particular is steel. The frame and barrel are plastic. If you’re familiar with a tomenosuke blade runner, the Tanaka generally has the same breakdown of metal to plastic components, except that the Tomenosuke also has a metal grip frame.

Push comes to shove, do you prefer the steel finish or the matte finish? They both look good, seems like the matte might do well with some graphite or something else to make it more metallic.

I'm still waiting on my Sarednab version, I might pick up one of the Tanakas to hold me over.

I would.

Both are nice but I like tanaka’s steel finish in general. I purchased the steel finish and will be selling the standard matte finish soon.

Push comes to shove, do you prefer the steel finish or the matte finish? They both look good, seems like the matte might do well with some graphite or something else to make it more metallic.

I'm still waiting on my Sarednab version, I might pick up one of the Tanakas to hold me over.

I'm sorry man. I'm going to have to likely use buyers protection and hope they rule in my favor.

Solos blaster I know el toro is likely going to sell his revolver. You can reach out to him and ask.

Yea, I went ahead and filed through paypal too, so we'll see what happens. Still going to call them tomorrow to see if anything can be resolved but I'm sure I'm just going to get the same runaround/answers you got.

Yup, I already asked him about it ;).

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back