Indiana Jones revolver

I'll have to reach out to FedEx on my next day off to see if there is any indication of the airsofts being returned to Japan. I hope that ends up being the case because if they get destroyed then I can kiss that money goodbye. At least if Airsoft Japan gets them back intact then maybe they will be more amenable to refund me less any return shipping costs. I could live with that.

See that opens up more questions about this. I didn't do anything. My tracking number didn't go dead and I didn't contact them. FedEx called me and said the package was rejected and being sent back. My tracking is still up and shows that it was rejected and being sent back. On the page it shows the new number(and that it is already in Alaska), and it's moving. The date for movement on the return was before I could have even called back to refute the rejection. It left at 5am that morning and I couldn't even attempt a call until 8am(both times are according to my time zone).

I'm curious to the two different methods of dealing with the packages and why I didn't even get the chance to dispute it.

the Seller still hasn't responded to my Paypal inquiry yet. I suspect they may just let the time run out or wait until they get the item back. Although I did forward to them the new tracking number so they can see that it IS on it's way back to them.

Man, I hope yours gets returned as well so you can at least get your money back.

My tracking is still active but shows the same message I've been getting since 5/8. The only reason I knew it was seized was because I hunted down a FedEx rep who finally did some digging and contacted me again after hearing from customs a few weeks later. I called that number 4 times and then after doing more digging I finally got a hold of two different agents who told me I should have received a letter informing me of the seizure. I have yet to get anything in the mail and that was weeks and weeks ago that I talked to them.

I'm just hoping that PayPal rules in my favor. All I have to go on was a reference number the customs officer gave me which I also relayed to PayPal to prove the seizure took place.

Even though I have never had a model or airsoft gun seized, after reading about what happened to a couple of you recently I think I'm only going to buy from stateside vendors or individuals so that I don't have to go through the same crap. I know this means I may not be able to find something I want but unless I go into a purchase with the mindset that I don't mind if I loose my money I really can't see anyway around it. I did exactly that a few months ago when I ordered a Star Trek Discovery Communicator from a vendor in the Ukraine, I though about it long and hard and finally decided that if I got ripped off or it got seized then that would be on me. I did eventually receive it and am very happy with it.

It seems to depend on the item. In this case Smith and Wesson is claiming copyright infringement whereas another manufacturer may not go after imported replicas. It does seem to be a bit of a gamble though when making international purchases on certain items.

The seller told me that Tanaka does in fact have the right to reproduce these items yet Smith and Wesson is claiming they don't.
I think the fact that these aren't available through US-based vendors speaks volumes. Tanaka probably does have the rights to reproduce them... in Japan/Asia. When you start to import them into the US is where the problems start - the agreement probably prohibits that.

I guess I - and a few others - got lucky, and our orders squeaked in under the radar. :oops: Might have been a bigger gamble than I realized.

Sorry to hear that it turned into such a fiasco for you - hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Psab keel, glad your case has taken a few steps forward. Mine is currently being reviewed by Paypal. The seller has only responded with the original tracking number even though I supplied the return one. My revolver is scheduled to be delivered back to them tomorrow though so hopefully I get an answer/refund by the end of the week.

**Edit** Correction, i just checked the tracking and it was delivered today (Japan time). So I'll give them 24 hours before I recontact paypal.

Last edited:
A member here, artsee1 (who hasn't been active on the boards since 2017 however), has an online shop and has a solid resin hand painted S&W revolver on his page there. I don't know what his status is on the RPF so if he's been gone because of banning or questionable practices I won't link to his page. I will however post the photo of the revolver and let you decide for yourself.

il_1140xN.466092337_9lsh.jpg

For anyone afraid to order from overseas for fear of having a replica seized by Customs, It looks really good, but since it's solid resin there's no functionality. If you just want a good looking holster filler it would probably work well for you.

I also found another source for resin M1917's.

They are solid resin guns being sold as forms for making leather holsters, however there looks to be enough detail that you could finish and paint them as displays. Since these are holster molds I don't believe details like an open muzzle or open cylinder chamber fronts are there, but for wall hangers or holster fillers, they'd work. They have numerous guns ranging from Lugers to Ruger Blackhawks to Sig P229's.

Search "Bunkhouse Tools" on Etsy and you'll find them.

Edit: Just bought one of these, we'll see how it turns out. Hopefully it's not too beat up.

il_794xN.2164255280_tger.jpg

il_794xN.2164255292_1jhb.jpg

Last edited:
:mad: My customs letters finally showed up today. Though I'm not sure I can even upload it to PayPal because the case is under review.

What does it say?

I know what you mean though. I can't notify paypal that mine has been delivered to the seller since Wed/Thr. The seller told paypal it had been shipped on the same day...maybe hours at most prior to receiving it back...so I don't know. I may try to call them on Monday *shrugs*.

On somewhat of a tangent, I ordered hasbro’s new snowspeeder and the package was inspected. I presume the package was sent to me from Pennsylvania, but the product delivered to Hasbro ultimately is from China. Not sure what to make of this, but it is interesting that a plastic snowspeeder was inspected presumably by US customs somewhere in the seller’s delivery chain. I’ve ordered other stuff from Hasbro in the past and haven’t had inspection tape on the mailing package.

ABF9D6C1-90FA-47C4-AC5B-D511D920B796.jpeg

Well after months of waiting with no response and believing my money to be forfeit, PayPal requested further documentation from me a few weeks ago so I uploaded scans of my seizure letter by U.S. Customs. I just got an email that they ruled in my favor and my refund will be sent to me within the next week.

PayPal is great for buyers (sellers not so much) and I've been on both ends of this spectrum, though I'm happy for the refund to be sure.

Thanks to el toro I was able to get my two airsofts. Again I thank you my friend. It's people like you that make this such a great community!

The linky now worky but the revolver doesn't seem to show up under "Indiana Jones Collection". You have to type it in the search bar.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back