Indiana Jones revolver

The first 2 two cases (24 revolvers) of the Jupiter finish are spoken for, they have re-opened the pre-order for the remaining case (12 pistols)

I have two PFC versions that I am looking to sell at some point. The Matte Finish Airsofts are more my preference which is why I was so keen on having them to replace the PFC versions.

One of the PFC's is from Todd's Costumes first run back in 2012 with the blued finish (and orange safety tip) and the other is from another member here that I picked up a few years ago. It has a steel finish and some nice artwork of Indy on the box.

If I list the two PFC's I have in the Junkyard would people here be interested?

If I hadn't already ordered one from Todd and also still waiting on my sarednab version, I'd definitely want one. They haven't been easy to get!

I've listed both for sale in the Junkyard for anyone interested or for those who missed out on Todd's new run.

Update: These have both sold.

Last edited:
That didn't take long! Seeing your first run one with the orange tip makes me curious about how the new ones will show up. I'm hoping for something not too permanent, but we'll see.

A member here, artsee1 (who hasn't been active on the boards since 2017 however), has an online shop and has a solid resin hand painted S&W revolver on his page there. I don't know what his status is on the RPF so if he's been gone because of banning or questionable practices I won't link to his page. I will however post the photo of the revolver and let you decide for yourself.

View attachment 1317621

For anyone afraid to order from overseas for fear of having a replica seized by
Customs, It looks really good, but since it's solid resin there's no functionality. If you just want a good looking holster filler it would probably work well for you.

That's the one I got for my display. The price was fairly reasonable compared to the airsoft and costume guns, IMO for just a display piece to sit on a shelf. If I was going to pay nearly 1/4 the price of the real one for a toy, I think I'd think twice about it and possibly just go ahead and invest in the real one as it will likely never go down in value as a real antique firearm as long as you take care of it and you can even conceal carry it in most states now or even show it off with a hip holster if you're feelin' lucky (jumpy cops in many states mean you're taking your life in your hands, though regardless if open carry is legal). Do toy guns retain their value long term? I wouldn't count on it. Then there's the added hassle of those god-awful looking orange tips that the nanny-state deems necessary for your "protection" if you're an adult (a term that seems to be meaningless anymore) prop collector who keeps them on a shelf indoors.... Oddly, mine doesn't appear to have one. :eek:

Here's the one above sitting on my bookshelf back in August (sharper picture than more recent one with updated RM diamond and added a real antique Verner's compass). It looks real enough in the lighting until you pick it up (light weight).

Indy Bookcase Aug2020 Not Lit s.jpg

The Tanakas have retained their value and in some cases have gone up in value depending on the finish and the availability of them. It's a great alternative for someone like me who wants a realistic replica but also doesn't feel comfortable owning a genuine firearm.

As absurd as I find the orange tips, there are ways to remove/ cover it.

How does Tanaka’s Jupiter finish differ from its steel finish?

Now that I have the box in hand, it is marked "Steel Finish". Jupiter is apparently the finishing process, which stands for Jewelish Ultra Plated InTEgrate Resin. Sounds like is a coating that goes over the ABS of the barrel and frame.

The finish is the same or similar to the other shiny Steel Finish Tanakas.

Hi, I just received one of these from Tod's. Could you please give instructions on how to remove the orange tip paint without destroying the finish underneath? I'm a total novice with this stuff...

Thanks. Btw paint remover should clean up the orange tip. I use citristrip in general for paint removal.
Hi, I have one of these guns from Todd's costume. Could you please describe how to use Citristrip to remove the orange painted tip? I've never used it before, and I don't want to remove the finish underneath.

Hi, I have one of these guns from Todd's costume. Could you please describe how to use Citristrip to remove the orange painted tip? I've never used it before, and I don't want to remove the finish underneath.

I also have one and used Citristrip to remove the orange. I am NOT AN EXPERT with paint removal or the materials involved, and I'll admit I was a little nervous trying this. Please take this as anecdotal evidence only.

First of all, wear gloves. This stuff eats through my regular nitrile gloves, so I had to change them out a couple of times. Chemical resistant gloves would be better. I used a large number of cotton swabs, rubbed the Citristrip onto the tip until the swab got arbitrarily too orange, then tossed it and started again with more Citristrip on the swab. I occasionally wiped everything down with a paper towel because I didn't want it to sit for too long. A few toothpicks helped me get into the crevices, I also cut some of the cotton swabs in half diagonally to make a sharp paper tool things.

Once the paint started feeling soft and partially coming up with the swabs, I used folded over paper towels and sort of scraped with my finger nail (still gloved).

It definitely took some elbow grease, but it worked well. My tip is undamaged not at all orange.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back