Indiana Jones - Golden Fertility Idol - New Sculpt

Thanks.
I was pulled away from it for a while but I am cleaning up the sculpt and will test it against the photographs one last time before I post new images and cast the first shell.

I am really trying to get this right and with work and other things it’s taking longer than I would have liked.
Soon

Thanks.
I was pulled away from it for a while but I am cleaning up the sculpt and will test it against the photographs one last time before I post new images and cast the first shell.

I am really trying to get this right and with work and other things it’s taking longer than I would have liked.
Soon
Completely understand, can't wait to see it!

Hey !

I hope you are all safe and well.

I know you guys are patiently waiting for an update and although not completely finished yet I thought I'd tease an image.

I have to finish the hair accurately and smooth the surfaces but will have to mold and cast a piece to get the final surfaces but the clay is now "close to final" as far as the shapes and positions of everything.

The first attempt was begun before I had some key reference images so the basic proportion were off in some views and I was not satisfied. Now the features line up in all views much better. I just need to refine all the details and smooth it a bit.

I placed my sculpt in the PropStore trio line up and pasted in the eyes so it gives a better impression. I am also purposely posting in low res because the surface is rough and don't want you to get the wrong impression of what the final will look like so the image is a little soft focus. Photo angle is a bit off but close enough. Also made them B&W so the color matches better.

I also figure I will need to make the eyes since no glass/plastic eyes available "really" match.

Still some work to do but didn't want you all to wait much longer. Not perfect yet but getting there. Won't be happy until it is.
Hope this tides you over for a little longer.
It's obvious which view is the new sculpt...

idol test b&w.jpg

Hey !

I know you guys are patiently waiting for an update and although not completely finished yet I thought I'd tease an image.

I have to finish the hair accurately and smooth the surfaces but will have to mold and cast a piece to get the final surfaces but the clay is now "close to final" as far as the shapes and positions of everything.

The first attempt was begun before I had some key reference images so the basic proportion were off in some views and I was not satisfied. Now the features line up in all views much better. I just need to refine all the details and smooth it a bit.

I placed my sculpt in the PropStore trio line up and pasted in the eyes so it gives a better impression. I am also purposely posting in low res because the surface is rough and don't want you to get the wrong impression of what the final will look like so the image is a little soft focus. Photo angle is a bit off but close enough. Also made them B&W so the color matches better.

I also figure I will need to make the eyes since no glass/plastic eyes available "really" match.

Still some work to do but didn't want you all to wait much longer. Not perfect yet but getting there. Won't be happy until it is.

View attachment 1462717
This is my favorite version also . Once complete will you be offering these I hope ?

The eyes are a make it or break it kind of step. If they don't work, no matter how accurate the rest, the replica won't work, so I totally get you wanting to do them yourself. I really hope you can figure out how to reproduce them, cause your idol looks really phenomenal so far.

Hey !

View attachment 1462717
Very cool sculpt! I've been wanting an Idol replica for years, never found one that looks right. Yours is getting there for sure. I know it's a work in progress and maybe you're working on this already. But from your most recent pic for me what's missing are the folds in the cheeks and chin. Those add depth which adds more expression/intensity/definition to the mouth and chin, as the original had. Just my 2 cents.

Attachments

• screen_cap_idol.jpg
    screen_cap_idol.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 121
Very cool sculpt! I've been wanting an Idol replica for years, never found one that looks right. Yours is getting there for sure. I know it's a work in progress and maybe you're working on this already. But from your most recent pic for me what's missing are the folds in the cheeks and chin. Those add depth which adds more expression/intensity/definition to the mouth and chin, as the original had. Just my 2 cents.
Those folds aren’t actually on the Idol, they are an illusion.

The areas you are referring to are only highlights and reflections. When I’m finished it should be very close to the original... I hope !

thanks for the interest and attention to detail.

The areas you are referring to are only highlights and reflections. When I’m finished it should be very close to the original... I hope !

thanks for the interest and attention to detail.
Yeah looking forward to seeing the final!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back