shinema

Hi, I so happen to be a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I am on a quest to try to find and recreate the many documents or props that are in the movies, games, ect. Unfortunately, I was not familiar with this site or prop replicating many years ago and came across the people and its resources too late. Many of the forums have attachments that are no longer valid and it looks like many of the files are lost forever. Please, if you have them, please post them here, for I am planning to make a google drive database, be a continuous resource of free paper props for future Indy fans out there.

It would help us to know exactly what props you're looking for.

When people are memebers for almost a half year and their only two posts are to ask for "Alll" the paper props from a franchise, that they want to save on a google drive, it always makes me suspicious. Usually, not always, but usually those who don't seem to ever interact on the forum and only come in to copy stuff or ask for the paper props, they end up selling them on ebay or etsy. Not saying this is the case.... but it happens all the time and it situations like this always make me suspicous.

I noticed how many links/attachments gone or dead, and it is frustrating. Then again, the way the free stuff ends up for sale online, I completely understand. It is a lot of work to do the props and the fan that do them enjoy sharing, and then you have the one that take the work and sell it! It is a wonder we share anymore.

as some of you may remember I too was going to set up a "catalogue" of paper props so that lincs are never lost but it became apparent that it would have been to time consuming and the fact that most people would want to protect their work rather than let it out in the open, all my prop files are in the cloud as are some of DD28s that we are woking on so that we can both access them but other than that its not really viable - just look at the amount of paper props that are in the Harry Potter forum ALONE......

I understand, I am pretty new to the RPF forums. I usually look through and scroll through them. But I am planning to make a google drive for BTTF, Indiana Jones google drive, which is shared among the Indiana Jones and BTTF group communities in COW, Facebook, ect. I also provide free props to the community if interested.

It would help us to know exactly what props you're looking for.
No idea, to be quite honest, while scanning through the Indy related forums, many are attachments, but like to see something what Indy Magnoli or Barret College has made over the years. I know the guy on Facebook, but unsure if it is appropriate to ask.

I see a problem with your way of thinking. First off, you have to be a member here to access the Free Paper Props, so if you take and offer access to other groups, then it defeats the need to be a member. Second, access to the props your way, could open up sale of free props online. When I download props here, they are for me only, I don't share, unless I print some out for Family or Friends for special occasions. If other members disagree with me, please say so.

This again? People here are always complaining someone sold something they gave away for free.

So what? Did you enjoy making it? Did you enjoy sharing it? The only losers are the ones who paid money for something they could have found free. In fact, the more you get your artwork out there, the less likely it is that someone will be able to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
... In fact, the more you get your artwork out there, the less likely it is that someone will be able to sell it.

Exactly my words! That's the reason why I don't mind if people post my paper prop files on other sites (as long as they do it for free of course!).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I scour throughout E-Bay, I don't feel shocked if someone else was selling items that are easily obtainable elsewhere. But its more on the fact of how they price it or if it is difficult to make normally. It make sense to charge the printing service, paper, shipping, and labor costs on the consumer. The person selling it, needs to make some profit? Am I right? The consumer might not have the time or resources to make their own. For instance, the grail tablet rubbings. Where to find that kind of size? Where to get transparent paper big enough to be printable? You have to buy all those, drive around, ect. Its not all that easy to just simply print it. And it seems for some people that they could just go to a print shop and do all that. The only time I do buy a prop that is easily obtainable for free, is if I can't make it or when I do not have the time.

Hi, I so happen to be a huge Indiana Jones fan, and I am on a quest to try to find and recreate the many documents or props that are in the movies, games, ect. Unfortunately, I was not familiar with this site or prop replicating many years ago and came across the people and its resources too late. Many of the forums have attachments that are no longer valid and it looks like many of the files are lost forever. Please, if you have them, please post them here, for I am planning to make a google drive database, be a continuous resource of free paper props for future Indy fans out there.
hi I'm petertiger and I've posted some replica Indy paper props e.g. Grail diary and Indy's journal just search for indiana Jones

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back