Interest Indiana Jones - False Grail - NEW Revised version

I'm wondering: the part that's really missing from the old grail, is this part:

Image1.jpg

Maybe that part can be offered seperately for those who have the old grail. Need to take a look at it again, but if I remember correctly, it was possible to unscrew the grail to take the foot off and possibly add the missing part and "assembling" it all together again? (Need to use the word "assembling" because the other word is censured by the RPF ;) ).

Gold plated have high cost and also a good resin that allow the plate work on it is very expansive (especially now that Trump change the import/export tax for the worldwide commerce).
So, after we analyze all cost, we could give a final quote price so you can decide if you want to keep your spot or left it ;)

Having the Belloq chestpiece made by Sarednab, i can confirm that the resin he is using in these props holds alot of detail. Metal would be awesome, but this resin is the next best thing and hopefully will be budget friendly, especially at this time of year

TomVDJ the part that you mark was already corrected. In the old cup it was wrong made.

This is a WIP of the new one

Attachments

• 1ADB37AE-7D86-458C-A4D2-73351F9CC5B1.jpeg
    1ADB37AE-7D86-458C-A4D2-73351F9CC5B1.jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 209
Yes, I know that that part was incorrect, missing from the old cup, I was just wondering if that missing piece could be added to thet old cups. That way, people that already have the old cup, can have a almost complete metal one + lid, with one resin, goldplated part added to it.

It's good to see that a more accurate cup is in the making, it's just a bit of a bummer that it's made out of resin (OK, plated, but still), and it comes without the lid (which was not seen on screen, but was defenitely part of the prop, as can be seen in quite some reference pictures).

If I remember correctly, the old grail was less then $400. So let's hope you can keep this one below that price point. It might be more screen accurate, but not being metal and no lid are a bit of let-downs. Anyway, these are just my two cents. Looking forward for some final pics and the final price...

Old grail was made 10 years ago, price was different.
I don’t think we’ll go under 400$.
Btw this piece can’t be fill in the old cup

I originally thought you would make a metal cup as well. I have the "old" version and I love the material.
It there absolutely no chance for a metal run? I think there will be a few members who would appreciate that. Me too :notworthy:

Absolutely not. This run will be in resin.
There will not be other run in future.

As Raiders March said, like our breastplate, this will have a incredible details and accuracy, much more than the metal one.
If you don’t need a resin prop you can keep your metal version ;)

Ok guys! We finished our revised model! Now we can show you the final prototype!
As you can see many details was improved.
I hope you like it! ;)

We checked every cost for every step of this production. Now we are able to say you our final price.
FINAL PRICE: 449$ PLUS SHIPPING COST
DEPOSIT: 150$

Now we'll start to collect your deposits that will be need to buy materials for this beauty.
I'll contact everyone in list and ask 150$ deposit so you can confirm or reject your spot in list ;)

false6.jpg

false7.jpg

Too bad. I was hoping the price tag would not be near $500, but it seems it is. That's too steep for me for a resin cup, so you can get me off the list. I'll stick with the first version of the false grail...

To be honest, I would also have expected a picture of the gold plated version before the deposits were asked... Plating resin is rather challenging, so I really would have liked to see some results of this process before committing... But final price is too high anyway for me, so I'm out, but I just give my two cents here for other possible buyers...

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back