Indiana Jones Crystal Skull 1:1

Wow...that's sprained alright o_O It'll be a few weeks before you can actually start to "walk". Good thing it wasn't worse than that:oops:

Yes it could have been a lot worse. Impressive bruise colours… if you’re going to sprain your ankle you at least want a good bruise. Last photo honest :)

C7C55FDC-19DC-4E18-B2CE-7F7506CD373C.jpeg

Oh yes...had the same years ago and it'll take time before everything is A+. Hang-in there and try to get a cane; it'll help;)

Still very much ongoing and top of my to do list. Had to take a short break to finish coat hooks for our entrance hall but that’s life. We had to move back in to our downstairs hall after a year of living through the utility room as the hallway was renovated.

The jaw mould is almost done. When I have something to post I certainly will.

Moulding and casting this thing is proving much harder than I anticipated at first.

2B8C9694-644C-4733-81E7-07EF8DE46F86.jpeg

F52D5962-0868-4E67-971D-930F12137625.jpeg
481EB366-142F-456F-9A02-079A6B92DC9B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thank you, glad you like it. A lot of work yes but I kinda cheated a bit. I designed and 3D printed a load of jigs I could slot my 20mm hardwood into and a simple run across the table saw achieved the cut I needed. Slot the wood in one way, cut, turn it around, cut, another jig, cut, turn it around, cut. Another jig for the tapers, cut, turn it around, cut etc etc. I had lots of jigs and it was a lot of cutting but once my jigs had been printed 90% of the thought had been taken away and I got the result I wanted perfectly every time (y)

Lots of sanding afterwards though

Update, this will be finished in a few weeks. My aim was for Dials release but I think ill be about a week behind. That annoys me :)

Lots happened on this project. After a break I went back to my 3D model and updated it, found quite a few things I could improve. So its mark 3 or 4 now in terms of modeling. Got a new much larger 8k printer so its been completely re printed and refinished. Moulds curing as I type this so yeah, only a few weeks from being finished.

I will say. Figuring out how to mould and cast thing has been really hard. Its damned complicated :) but once ive got the moulds ive got them right?

Hope people are still interested.

Would be interested in molding photos for an idea on how you molded it sometime. And I know this is gonna kill my wallet but excited to see the results!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back