Indiana jones bag contents!!!

Warfreak101

So I've managed to get the actual shoulder bag which indie uses (it's a mk7 British army gas mask bag from ww2) and I thought it would be pretty neat to do a display with the (approximate) contents of his bag. Any ideas, screenshots,thoughts all welcome. I'll post some pictures when I'm done !

I always thought the following photo was a nice display. Just three stones inside.
image.jpg

Mike J is 100% right. What movie or story are you going off of? I have a variety of things I can put in my satchel. Gloves, a costume precious stone, the sand bag from Raiders, a rope, a Sankara stone, the headpiece of Ra, Indy's pocket knife (though it's usually in a pocket), Indy's journal with some inserts, my cosplay journal (has a good field journal size to it), a brush and an English-Chinese dictionary.I usually pack any three of these depending on the movie or the event I am going to. Hope that helps!11774409_949294631789168_1166715710_n.jpg

You might include the revolver, some ammo, the sand bag, and the notebook Indy uses in the map room & while surveying. Some fans have postulated that is Abner Ravenwood's 'ark diary.' Also a pencil :)

Some period American and / or Egyptian coins or banknotes...

I have cover art for an old pocket English-Arabic dictionary. It would have to be bound by you, but I can post it when I get home.

.... Pocket compass? The South American map to the temple from the opening?...

-MJ

Maybe also the browning hi-power and a couple of spare mags instead of the revolver. Dont think they ever decided if it was in the bag or in his jacket.

What also might seem appropriate if it already hasn't been mentioned; look into period tape measures. Indy uses one in the map room from Raiders. I ordered one just a couple days ago for my bags contents. Most from that time period seem to be in more of a circular shape

Maybe a small period ruler (for measuring artifacts & for scale in photos)?

Or maybe one of those super-retro folding yardsticks?

Short coil of rope, for when the whip isn't long enough?

Rock hammer?

Did we already mention matches? How about an old flashlight?

Military surplus folding pocket compass?

Bottle of Aspirin (or similar medication) for after you get beat up, but escape?

Pre=packaged gauze bandages? Small first aid kit?

A few random foreign coins and ticket stubs?

-MJ

So I've managed to get the actual shoulder bag which indie uses (it's a mk7 British army gas mask bag from ww2) and I thought it would be pretty neat to do a display with the (approximate) contents of his bag. Any ideas, screenshots,thoughts all welcome. I'll post some pictures when I'm done !
check out my post as I've got several photos of the contents of my bag

There's very little known about the actual contents but, in the least we're know he carries a pocket knife, notebook and pencil, a backup pistol, presumably since extra ammo and probably his reading glasses.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back