Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

Re: Toht Nazi Files

I'm sorry to say, but those files look absolutely ridiculous.
But if I can help with the translations, just drop me a note.

it is my job! and I am proud of it I manage alone with be able it of German
which I know, wait from it instead of criticizing the work of others, made see us be able your I see things " seedier" on sales on Ebay made by members which post here.

Caplan.

I didn't use a background pattern for my kennkarte, I didn't see any on the originals I used as reference. The passport I didn't use background due to getting it printed. Much time and ink.

Love to see pics of yours.

Best,
DBCooper

The background pattern is a real stinker, I've never been able to recreate to my statisfaction.
The ink used on the Kennkarte's pattern is made so that it doesn't run when written over, but does dissolve when one tries to alter the written entries. Sunlight also seems to deteriorate the ink, so that's probably why your original examples didn't have the pattern.
But it's a real enhancement though, maybe someone with more talent than me can have a crack at the background.

Regarding the bible page, what source are people using for the text?
I mean, are people using a scan from an existing bible page, or did they just recreate the page with a bunch of gibberish written as a substitute?

DS

Last edited:
The text is from the 2nd Book of Moses, Exodus. It is the 8th chapter. Main text is Dutch with German sidebars. Look here:

Raiders' Bible Replica

Actually that's just Magnoli's take I believe. There are a lot of bible pages out there, all with different chapters and verses quoted, you never see it on screen. To be honest you never see the rest of the page on screen at all, just the pic.

That said, it's generally considered that it's Exodus. For me I chose Chapter 25 vs. 1-30 which describes how the Ark is to be built.

For me I chose Chapter 25 vs. 1-30 which describes how the Ark is to be built.

I also used this part for my Biblepage. In my opinion it fits a lot better than other parts of exodus. I also used some other parts where the ark is mentioned.

First time I saw it was on one of the Raiders trading cards but it's origins may be from somewhere else. It's not from the film.

Thanks.

It seems that many of you based the text layout on that particular pic.

Not sure if you're interested but I just finished doing some online research and found the actual Dutch bible passage that was used on that photo. Im going to start laying it out tomorrow (tired right now).

BTW, anyone find a good match for the text?
Fraktur seems somewhat close but some of the letters are off.

DS

Its always great to see the different interpretations of this iconic piece of movie memorobelia - even if the page itself was actually a cutaway.

This is my interpretation of the page and I made it using both Dutch and German after sourcing the text from the generally accepted Bible pages..

bible001.jpg

@Darth Saber - Looking forward to seeing yours especially if you think you've found the actual page. Let us know how you get on mate..

Regards

MARK

Its always great to see the different interpretations of this iconic piece of movie memorobelia - even if the page itself was actually a cutaway.

This is my interpretation of the page and I made it using both Dutch and German after sourcing the text from the generally accepted Bible pages..

bible001.jpg

@Darth Saber - Looking forward to seeing yours especially if you think you've found the actual page. Let us know how you get on mate..

Regards

MARK

I love the aging and distressing you did on yours.

Regards

MARK

Well, I didn't find the actual "page"...I found the text that is on the page, from another source.

If you look at the closeup shot of the trading card image, and the image used on the Indiana Jones calendar (Which feature the same bible page) you'll notice that some of the words can be made out.
Specifically in verses 14-17.
Such as "Vergaderdan", the name of Moses' brother "Aaron", "Egyptland"

I merely found a website that has several translated versions of the bible, found the Dutch version, and then looked through verses 14-17 of all the chapters of Exodus to see if there were any word matches.

The one that matches is Exodus 8.

Although Exodus 8 doesn't talk about the Ark, it does talk about supernatural disasters, plagues, wrath of god that would befall the Egyptians. (Which does fit into the type of supernatural destruction that would result from the Ark).

Im kind of juggling several projects at once, so I don't know when Ill have the layout for the text done, but if you guys want to try replicating the text yourselves, heres a link to the dutch Exodux page -
Dutch Bible - Exodus 8

And the German page -
Luther Bibel - Exodus 8

DS

Hey DS, the HPLHS has a font or two that may be a better match.

Fonts

I have a few others: Fraktur Gutenberg, JSL Blackletter, Faustus, Lucida Blackletter, Schwabacher, Typographer Gotisch, Wilhelm Klingspor Gotisch.

Might be worth looking for.

-Mike J.

What I have so far (not printed yet, just a digital image)-
biblepagelowres2.jpg

Gotta figure out what kind of weathering I want to do on the final print

DS

Last edited:
I would like to weather mine to the point of Kramstaar's above, but I have Orange Blend's wonderful work and am afraid to destroy any part of it. If I mess with it, I might destroy it and I will hate myself:lol

I would like to weather mine to the point of Kramstaar's above, but I have Orange Blend's wonderful work and am afraid to destroy any part of it. If I mess with it, I might destroy it and I will hate myself:lol

Yeah, Kramstaar's weathering looks great. Looks like he stuck it in an oven or ironed it maybe. (Although I think heat may screw up a laser print)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back