Indiana Jones 5

Re: Indiana jones 5 still happening?

ya, its too late for this anymore. 70+ year old Indy just doesn't work IMO.

IF they do another one it needs to be set in the desert ( on a horse with no name :D ) perhaps Baghdad or somewhere in Egypt and filmed in a real location setting (not CGI world) and based on an age old legend along the lines of what Raiders and Last Crusade were based upon. (perhaps the mystery of the Baghdad Battery!) Old world religion and artifacts and curses... not flying saucers buried under Mayan ruins. Also make no reference to a particular time period. Don't set it in 1972 just to make it look like 1972. In the desert there is no need for hippies in VWs. just set it in a lost Archaeological dig with "bootie twaps" and only Indy's cunning and knowlege and dumb luck to get him out alive. That would be Indiana Jones to me even if he is 72 years old. Have a side kick worthy of being such but not Mutt Williams.

Indiana jones 5 still happening?

I don't think they'll make the same mistakes again. I say keep m coming. They should get it right eventually :p

ya, its too late for this anymore. 70+ year old Indy just doesn't work IMO.

Agreed. I love Ford as Indy with my heart and soul, but if this happens at all it won't be for a few more years, and he's just too old to be believable as doing all the fights/stunts. It's time for new blood. It's worked for Bond, Batman, etc., it'll work for Indy.

How about some offspring of an evil archenemy, say Belloq's great-,great-,great-grandson who travels back in time to punish Indiana Jones and unwittingly causes an alternate timeline to unfold thus rebooting the series with all new possiblities? Oh wait, I think that sounds somewhat familiar...

Hopefully the last travesty hammered a nail in the coffin for good!

I've said it before, I'll say it again...
Recast Indy, go back to his prime, get a good writer who gets the character as the
bad ass he was in Raiders.

You could do a nice story that takes place in two time periods.
first with Old Indy, appropriately presented for someone his age, and
the rest of the story back in Indy's prime thus introducing the new actor
and sort of passing the torch.

Do something like that, and we could have great Indiana Jones stories for years to come,
The character has so much potential to tell more great adventure stories. The character
has been recast before even in one of the films. It's not breaking new ground if they did so.

Another actor only works for me, if Indy is a teenager in a new film.
But I don´t want to see a full movie of "the adventures of young Indiana Jones"
Indiana Jones= Harisson Ford. Would hate to see another face in that role.
And I also don´t want a Mutt Jones movie.
But let´s see what they come up with

I don't think they'll make the same mistakes again. I say keep m coming. They should get it right eventually :p

*Looks at Star Wars Prequels than looks at Indy IV*

Yeah, they'll get it right...

Instructions on how to get the next Indiana Jones film right:

1. Get rid of George Lucas.

2. Move onto a new actor; Harrison is a great actor, but I do think it's time to hand the mantle (Fedora) to a new actor who can do the series justice.

3. Not a reboot, but... Make a prequel, but set it before the original trilogy. I think that could work. If none of you likes this idea; how about we set it around WWII? It would give us a chance at seeing Indy pummel Nazis. :popcorn

4. Steven can stay. He has seen the light; these films are beloved pieces of cinematic history. Not only did he make up for the debacle that was the E.T. 20th Anniversary release; he also helped to make sure that the Indy Blu ray collection had the original Raiders, but with better visual and audio performance. :thumbsup

5. Have Disney release the film. I'm sure some of you are asking why; well I'll just say two words and then this list is almost complete: "The Avengers."

6. Religious artifacts: Let's face it; Indiana Jones films are best done when there is an artifact of religious importance. The best two of course being Raiders and The Last Crusade. Religious artifacts are easier for the audience to connect to. It's easier to understand and yes, even fear their power, rather than vague items. I.e. a Crystal Skull.

Indiana jones 5 still happening?

*Looks at Star Wars Prequels than looks at Indy IV*

Yeah, they'll get it right...

Instructions on how to get the next Indiana Jones film right:

1. Get rid of George Lucas.

2. Move onto a new actor; Harrison is a great actor, but I do think it's time to hand the mantle (Fedora) to a new actor who can do the series justice.

3. Not a reboot, but... Make a prequel, but set it before the original trilogy. I think that could work. If none of you likes this idea; how about we set it around WWII? It would give us a chance at seeing Indy pummel Nazis. :popcorn

4. Steven can stay. He has seen the light; these films are beloved pieces of cinematic history. Not only did he make up for the debacle that was the E.T. 20th Anniversary release; he also helped to make sure that the Indy Blu ray collection had the original Raiders, but with better visual and audio performance. :thumbsup

5. Have Disney release the film. I'm sure some of you are asking why, well I'll just say two words and then this list is almost complete: "The Avengers."

6. Religious artifacts: Let's face it; Indiana Jones films are best done when there is an artifact of religious importance. The best two of course being Raiders and The Last Crusade. Religious artifacts are easier for the audience to connect to. It's easier to understand and yes, even fear their power, than vague items. I.e. a Crystal Skull.

Sorry dude....reboot? Screw that...it's harrison or nothing. Harrison ford is indiana jones. Untill he's dead and buried he'll remain indiana jones. I hate all these vague reboot reasons to make the same movie over again. And without lucas? Ain't happening. Star wars episode 7 is with lucas wether people like it or not. He might not direct it, but it's damn sure he is very much involved.

I really avengers, cause it kicked ass and it got me hyped, but after two fews, little remains but action. It's not silly like kotcs, that's whats keeps it cool, but storywise....very weak.

Can't we just let Indy go? We've seen how he started (TLC), his "Young Indiana Jones" years(TV), seen him fight plenty of Nazis(ROTLA , TLC, KOTCS), had a prequel (TOD), met his dad, even the unfortunate alien encounter, just let him end. There are plenty of new ideas out there for adventure stories. I'd rather see something fresh instead of all the constant hollywood re-booting.

Didn't GL give up the rights to Indy along with Star Wars when he sold Lucasfilm? If we're confident that they won't let GL's lesser ideas wreck another SW, then it stands to reason that Indy would be protected in the same way.

Also, I thought Speilberg had gone on record recently saying he wasn't gonna direct any more big action shows. (IMHO Indy#4 might very well be the reason for this. He thought he did a good job with #4.)

Sorry dude....reboot? Screw that...it's harrison or nothing. Harrison ford is indiana jones. Untill he's dead and buried he'll remain indiana jones. I hate all these vague reboot reasons to make the same movie over again. And without lucas? Ain't happening. Star wars episode 7 is with lucas wether people like it or not. He might not direct it, but it's damn sure he is very much involved.

I really avengers, cause it kicked ass and it got me hyped, but after two fews, little remains but action. It's not silly like kotcs, that's whats keeps it cool, but storywise....very weak.

1. I didn't say reboot, I said (Well written) prequel(s).

2. Believe it or not: the same role can be played by many different people either improving or destroying the character played by the original actor. I.e. Bruce Wayne/Batman, Clark Kent/Superman, and James Bond, etc...

3. Lucas will be involved... But probably in the same fashion, or at least I hope, as Gene Rodenberry was in the Star Trek movies. Lucas, hopefully, will only be an advisor who nobody listens to.:thumbsup

4. I wan't using The Avengers as the pinnacle of story-telling; I was using it as the pinnacle of cinematic success. The Avengers succeeded in being a big money maker and it also succeeded in being what it was meant to be: an action story.

you want indy done right, two words: Animated Series

0506a_animatedindy.jpg

Not from what I am hearing.

Amazingly George has let go.

Will he have some input sure but it won't be "His" movie

And without lucas? Ain't happening. Star wars episode 7 is with lucas wether people like it or not. He might not direct it, but it's damn sure he is very much involved.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back