Imperial welding droids I'D Thread

Re: Imperial welding droid I'D Thread

Holy **** leyrich. That is exactly right. Scaling from the T62 turret, I calculated the ball must have a diameter of 1.59". The standard ping pong ball has a diameter of 40 millimeters, which is 1.57". Smart find!!! :)

The part inside the helmet is not uniform in shape and has a small ridge towards the join to the turret under ring, if you heat the Vader part and splay it out it fits perfectly, I'm not saying they did this but it's possible

Holy **** leyrich. That is exactly right. Scaling from the T62 turret, I calculated the ball must have a diameter of 1.59". The standard ping pong ball has a diameter of 40 millimeters, which is 1.57". Smart find!!! :)

Cool:D

The part inside the helmet is not uniform in shape and has a small ridge towards the join to the turret under ring, if you heat the Vader part and splay it out it fits perfectly, I'm not saying they did this but it's possible

Hmm... that's an interesting theory because now I can sort of see what you mean about the ridge. It would make more sense as it's another kit part to be used (and my previous hunch), but I think a ping pong ball would be a super close match as well.

Ping pong won't work as its a sphere, the kit part that sits on it has a specific shape that looks trimmed but isn't and wouldn't sit on a sphere

This took 20 seconds, I reckon its the correct part and what they did and the front kit part fits perfect and lines up to all the joins required to match the original :)

Yeah I guess the back of Vader's head is the answer! Would you mind posting a pic of only the back of the helm. I just want to see what it looks like once it has been heated and widened a bit. Part of me still wishes the silly ping pong ball was the answer though :( just for the fun of it being a part...

Yeah I guess the back of Vader's head is the answer! Would you mind posting a pic of only the back of the helm. I just want to see what it looks like once it has been heated and widened a bit. Part of me still wishes the silly ping pong ball was the answer though :( just for the fun of it being a part...

Don't take my word for it, just try both when you build it :)

Just had a thought about the red colored part on this map. I believe it may be the cover for the front of another F1 vehicle. Could explain the rounded bottom is has that forms to the rounded edge inside Vader's helm. And I'm also going to toss out the idea that the thin tubes attributed to the M23 are not correct. There is not a part in the McLaren M23 that has a full circle on both ends of the cylinder. The closest parts are those circled in the second image, but the left side doesn't have the full circles.
Vderwelderpartsmap.jpeg
mclarentubes.jpg

Here is the same kit sprue and they are both closed!! The sprue you are showing is probably damaged

- - - Updated - - -

Would like to know if the LF-10 Incandescent with shade.....bottom thrusters is correct?

What do you think about the plastruct part

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 263

Ah ok I'm very glad I was wrong on that one. The scan I found must have been a weak injection. The plastic didn't fill multiple circles around the sprue. Bummer for whoever owned that one!

Ah ok I'm very glad I was wrong on that one. The scan I found must have been a weak injection. The plastic didn't fill multiple circles around the sprue. Bummer for whoever owned that one!

I think the guy who owns this one is a lucky guy ! These half circules are not injection issue. ;)

I think the guy who owns this one is a lucky guy ! These half circules are not injection issue. ;)
Hmmm.. one of Part 24 looks quite different, as well as Part(s) 18 / 51. Different kit Julien?

BTW, great to see some "new" models come out of the woodwork to be ID'd. Great work guys and thanks for sharing. This is the sort of stuff that truly inspires one to get the kit parts out and glue something!

Hmmm.. one of Part 24 looks quite different, as well as Part(s) 18 / 51. Different kit Julien?

BTW, great to see some "new" models come out of the woodwork to be ID'd. Great work guys and thanks for sharing. This is the sort of stuff that truly inspires one to get the kit parts out and glue something!

Retooled I would say J :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back