Imperial Stormtrooper by Bandai

Jaitea

Master Member
Hey, this kit arrived on Monday from HLJ.....just over £20,....money well spent

As with the other SW Bandai models, this is another very cleverly engineered kit

It is a joy,....even just to look at.....and drool

The box art is first class:
IMG_1541.jpg

...and inside....the parts!
IMG_1542.jpg

IMG_1543.jpg

The Armour:
IMG_1544.jpg

Look at how crisp & sharp the detail is,....and glossy
IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1546.jpg

The black sprue with body glove parts, guns & hands
IMG_1547.jpg

...even parts of hands wrapped around the grip of the guns!!!!
IMG_1549.jpg

...again Decals or stickers
IMG_1551.jpg

The joints sprue [left of pic] are made of a rubbery material .....and the stand on the other sprue:
IMG_1552.jpg

Fantastic illustrations & artwork
IMG_1553.jpg

IMG_1554.jpg

IMG_1555.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

and how the hands grip the weapons:
IMG_1557.jpg

I'll post images tonight about a wee mod to the helmet that was suggested in Starship Modeller

J

Last edited:
Waiting for mine to arrive. I hope that at some point Bandai does an entire trooper line from clones to the coming Ep VII versions. I'd be great to have them all in a row.

I ordered mine through Hobby Link Japan, apparently the R2 & TIE are available to pre-order now,

As I mentioned in my post earlier I read a post by Rogue Leader on Starship modeller site:
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/talk/viewtopic.php?p=1597973#1597973

...in it he had done a bit of photoshop to illustrate the modifications he was going to do to the kit:

Rogue Leader said:
To give myself an idea of what the Storm/Sandtrooper will look like after a bit of plastic surgery I took a couple of the Gunjap images into photoshop.

bandai_stormtrooperfixed.jpg

For the front view I modified a few things. The top of the helmet has been raised so that there is a gap between the eyes and the mono-brow as most troopers appeared that way. The right thickness of plasticard will achieve that. I changed the shape of the eyes slightly and added more teeth, though I'm not sure how easy it will be to add them on the actual model. I also lowered the shoulder armour as that appears to contribute to the "low helmet" look. Lastly, I tightened his belt. Given how simple it is, it shouldn't be too hard to mod or scratch that if I decide to put in the effort.

Side comparison:
bandai_stormtrooperfixedside.jpg

For the side view I just raised the top of the helmet and tightened his belt, but I think it brings the figure closer to how I prefer the troopers to look.

The first part in construction is the helmet,....so I'll have a go at modifying the brow trim.....just a bit.....heres a look of some of the Stormtrooper helmets in the movies:

Hero helmet.....only 7 made for SW....designed for close ups....eg on the Rebel Blockade Runner....Han & Luke's costumes etc,.....these were more expensive,....they had moulded lenses & finer details

The brow trim looks to be a rubber piece so it moves up and down from shot to shot:

original-star-wars-stormtrooper-armor-helmet-hero.jpg

ANH_HD_Hero01.jpg

whole%20hero%20helm2.jpg

hi%20hero1.jpg

5208134296_b3e3cf4241_z.jpg

Im gona try and make mine with a hint of a white line between the eyes & the brow by putting a thin bit of styrene in as Rogue Leader suggests

J

Last edited:
yeah,mine arrived yesterday from hobbylink japan.
highly recommend it.tons of parts,crisp detail and great packaging.
they've certainly approached this the same way as there high quality gundam kits.
well done bandai:thumbsup

Yeah,.....I've said this before but I have to stress this....I get a REAL nostalgic 1977 buzz from these kits.....the artwork especially looks more SW than any kit I've ever seen.....(these boxes are not going to be thrown out!!)

The clever way that you build them up just makes me smile.....they are fun!......I just ordered the R2 & R4 kit,....I'd like the 3-PO to go with it....I've got Vaders TIE....I'd love 2 TIE's to go with them......I've built an X-Wing......I'd love to build another 5 of them to make a squadron ........the list goes on

J

Oh that is good, that would be cool having a few of them in all the promo poses :)
am I right in saying that this is the larger black series scale?

Oh that is good, that would be cool having a few of them in all the promo poses :)
am I right in saying that this is the larger black series scale?

......I don't know for sure spacebob,....I think its about that scale

Well I added a bit of styrene which created a few gaps :'(......so I used some Squadron white filler....Its ended up creamy coloured,.....I might touch it up with paint

Stormiefixed2.jpg

Stormiefixed.jpg

Stormieback.jpg

stormie.jpg

Thats it at the minute

Thanks for looking

John

So J have you tilted the cap up at the front? Looks about right to me.
I have ordered one :) yay.
I have a proper helmet here if there is anything you want to compare to the model but to be honest its prob the most accurate sculpt I've seen

Thanks guys....

Ha Stormy Gru!

Thanks spacebob,.....yeah I'm pretty happy with the wee spacer put in,....but the gaps were a pain

Are you gonna keep yours adjustable?

J

...The joints sprue [left of pic] are made of a rubbery material...
This is the thing that bums me out about these figure kits--the posable joints are too obvious (in the photos I've seen, anyway). I understand why Bandai did this, but if I wanted an action figure I'd buy an action figure. :angry

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back