Immortan Joe costume from Mad Max, Fury Road

Awaiting the Easy Riders pin which I am now planning to assemble out of 3 available pins: an eagle, an engine and the words "Easy Riders."

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436234976.146235.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

To me, the key pad looks more like a cordless phone than a cell phone…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to make it to Dragon Con this year, but won't be able to swing it. Wow you work fast Ahoudini! Looking fantastic! I'm exciting to see your easy rider eagle pin mod.

Also I came across this image for anyone planning to make Joe's ceremonial buckle he wears at the beginning...
11692717_10153807887532334_6840504345595928962_n (1).jpg

Here are the guns and holsters I am using. The peacemaker's grips need to be painted black to match Joe's. Pity, as I like the contrast between the two.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436235791.765309.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436235804.363439.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436235815.031232.jpg

I am also seeing some images of 3100 PCBs that look the same as well.
So maybe 3100 or 6100 will do. Possibly just stuffing options for different regions may have been the difference.

Yeah that keypad is WEIRD! at least the one in the tour pics, the way the keys are wide apart and narrow closer together at the bottom I could
never find a cell phone pad that did that.

There is a Nokia 6100 on eBay right now for $11.00 + $10 shipping.

FYI after researching more, looks like continuity issues with the cell phone board. The tour pictures PCB was in the film too, whatever model that is.
When he is dead there is yet another cell board. So that's at least three, probably even more. God knows what the rest of the medals are doing through the film.

Logan,
Thank you, so much, for posting the screen grabs. They are so useful! Now to find that wing nut gizmo that secures the bellows of the respirator to the back of the armor!

Great images Logan, thanks for sharing!

Anyone have ideas on what patches are attached to the back of his left forearm armor? These are the best images I could find...

Screenshot 2015-07-07 at 6.png

Also while looking up reference I came across this image of Hugh on set, gives a better look at his trousers and boots.
tumblr_nqbw72xwHE1rq69mio1_500.jpg

Thanks, Erik, for the great photo. My codpiece has begun:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436330898.145513.jpg

My mask arrived, from the talented hand of thomasotom on etsy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436331071.969433.jpg

And the toe protectors for the boots came, as well.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436331228.734011.jpg

ahoudini Those medals look awesome!
eriksmask Great idea using the Roman legionnaire armor as a form for your transparent worbla!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, all. I've been exhaustively researching Joe's accoutrements for no good reason at all (I just enjoy the hunt) and thought I'd share what I have. The PCB appears to be a Nokia 3100, at least in the ceremony shots. (There's a tiny difference between it and the 6100, but "close enough" isn't good enough for some people in this game.)

joe chest close 2.jpg

The skull patch appears to read "NAMIBIA SKELETON COAST." Yeah, it's a thing. Good luck finding an original.

joe skull patch.jpg

Another shot of the medals.

joe medals.jpeg

And for extra bonus, a nice shot of his leg armor.

Immortan legs.jpeg

I've been trying to track down the star patch. I'm thinking it's from some sheriff's department in Texas, and that the full patch is on his left triceps and the other two were cut out. I could be wrong, of course. I've been looking at patch collector sites and I've seen close, but no exact matches. I have no idea what the smaller forearm patch might be. There's also an upside-down patch or tab under the bottle caps that looks like it reads TEXAS.

Hope that helps. I'll post if I find anything new.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back