IKEA Firefly Props

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

F-N-S

Hi.

I posted this first on The Verse forum. Maybe someone here finds it also interesting.

While watching Firefly i noticed some IKEA props on Serenity :)

The first one is a cutlery stand called ORDNING. Episode ARIEL

The second prop is the SKRISSEL wall newspaper rack. Episode WAR STORIES

I guess IKEA still exists in 500 years :D

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Talisen

Sr Member
We have those paper racks at work for dockets - interesting. About as cool as the Frack mirror I have in my bathroom that appears in the new Galactica.

defyitall

Sr Member
I wouldn't be surprised if more stuff from Ikea showed up in shows and movies. When I worked on the art dept. on Surreal Life 2 we got a ton of stuff from Ikea. And the lifer art dept. guys said they shop there all the time.

DaddyfromNaboo

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Ranted about IKEA becoming a major force in props and furniture in another thread. Started IMO with Babylon 5.

So guess what ? At some point in time, vintage IKEA catalogues are going to be a major source for finding reference on movie props.

I think I will oaugh my butt off in 25 years, when the first IKEA stuff will be recast :lol

Michael

Gatekeeper

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey - I have that cutlery stand in my kitchen. Of course, living in Sweden, most of the stuff in my home is IKEA...