IG Derwent Head Parts

GhostbusterDan

Sr Member
I’ve just bought a Rolls Royce Mk8 burner can for an IG Head / Cantina piece.

I know it’s the head with the smaller eye so it’s not correct for an IG88 head BUT i can still presumably fit the parts to it to emulate.

So which real found parts do I need to make a proper droid head?

Thanks in advance!

Congrats on your find. :D (y)
The parts (as I'm aware of) are: part of a 4x20 scope, PL-259 connectors (6) weathered (it's what I used) The jury is still out on if these were used though. As for the real parts used for the binary eyes part? I'm not sure what was used. Finding any clear images of what was used are... well I haven't seen any. What I'm using now were graciously 3D printed for me by Unfated . When the real parts are found, I'll swap 'em out. But his 3D print is so good, I'm more than happy with how it looks now.
20200724_203416.jpg

The parts (as I'm aware of) are: part of a 4x20 scope, PL-259 connectors (6) weathered (it's what I used) The jury is still out on if these were used though. As for the real parts used for the binary eyes part? I'm not sure what was used. Finding any clear images of what was used are... well I haven't seen any. What I'm using now were graciously 3D printed for me by Unfated . When the real parts are found, I'll swap 'em out. But his 3D print is so good, I'm more than happy with how it looks now.
View attachment 1413869

Amazing

You need to remove the knurled ring from your scope eyepiece. That part is not used.
The jury is out if what were used? The PL-259s? Those and the scope eyepiece are 100% what was used.

Chris

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back