If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have done?

Re: If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have do

I would have loved to see an FX blaster line myself

Yeah - put me down for those. I love the more unusual items too and not just all lightsabers and blasters. That Chewie bowcaster would of been very cool. Or my ultimate dream prop - Han in Carbonite, 1:1 scale with working side panels, etc. Maybe toss in a Harrison signature plate on it too!

Re: If MR wasn't going to loose the Star Wars license, what props should they have do

Yeah but Amy said they weren't likely to get them out in time so we probably won't see them.

Just read over on the Rebelscum forums that Amy apparently said they've dropped them entirely in a bid to get some of the other minis out. So sad. Both the Obi TPM and the Dooku FXs were must-haves for me.

Personally, I would have preferred a well-made Qui-Gon FX over the Qui-Gon CE. The hilt is big enough to fit batteries in the grip without having to fill the grip ridges.

A second run on the E-11s, or a ROTJ version would have been nice. Hows about a working Electro-binoculars? ANH or Hoth versions would have been cool. 1:1 RC controlled R2 unit.

I would have like to seen a Leia mini blaster and a Rebel Trooper mini. If a new company takes over, I really hope they make these so the mini collection can be complete.

First off.... I'm suprised to know that they were losing the license to make SW props. Secondly, if I could pick anything they should make, they would be:

More lightsabers:
Some prequel EE sabers.
The 4 clan sabers.
Those two unique clan sabers Ani and Obi use in the arena in AOTC.
A gift pack made up of a 1:1 General Grievous bust from the waist up with poseable arms and head and his lightsabers. Yeah, I know they looked like everyone elses, but if you look closely, the dimensions are a little different (his "obi" saber looks closer to the ANH saber in color scheme and dimensions moreso than Obi's ROTS saber), some of the parts are re-aranged (check his Ani saber out, it looks like the one that was on display witch had a different grip pattern, a different circuit board, the belt clip in a different position, etc.), the color schemes are different, and the convertec belt clips are white. So they are unique enough to me to be his own lightsabers.
A V2 Sidious
A Luke ROTJ shared stunt saber
A 7 griped Vader ANH
A more accurate Obi ANH

More Blasters:
A make-your-own stormtrooper blaster kit so you can make any one of the many E-11 variations seen in the OT.
Clone blasters
Some more ramdom blasters seen throughout SW
A Han ROTJ and Greedo killer blasters.

That's about it for SW to me.... I'm not a .45 scale guy or a helmet or studio scale guy (although a pretty big Executor Star Destroyer model would probably be the ONLY thing I'd want out of that branch). And I HATED the fx sabers... they looked like fat*ss versions of all the sabers (even the big ones like Maul, Luke ROTJ and Obi ROTS were fattened), the blades sucked for many reasons (flimsy, wobbly, easily breakable) and their colors looked bland (thank God for Hyperdyne :) ). So I'm out on any future fxs... except maybe for a Sidious (I have always thought that the color changing Hasbro Anakin saber was done as a joke on that "Sidious using Ani's saber" movie goof and that they didn't want to make that design cause it would be HUGE compared to the prop.), but nothing else... ESPECIALLY not a Dooku since #1 it'd be MASSIVE. and #2 if they put the curve into it it would likely suck like Hasbro's flimsy curve that twisted off too easily.

AS for other movies... I've always wanted them to expand on their Narnia sword branch and make like the basic Centaur sword forms, the Minotaur khopeshes, Oreius's 3 swords gift pack (or at least sell the 2 small swords and the two hander seperately or at just the two hander if they had to pick just one), Otmin's dadao, Edmund's sword, and the axes used on both sides. Also, I wanted them to make more swords from POTC such as Barbosa's sword, one of Will's many swords, Pintell and Ragetti's swords, Davy Jone's broadsword from DMC, and most of all, the James Norrington/Davy Jones smallsword. I'd KILL for an accurate version of that sword (there were many variations used, and looking at things like the guard and the tassle show this because there are tiny changes like the twin-shell guard having a thick rim in some scenes and sometimes not having one, and the tassle's weave pattern and the way the decoration at the end changes between scenes... the visual guide shows some of the differences in the different tassles. I don't really care for a 100% accurate tassle, but I'd prefer the rimless guard since the rim looks ugly).

Whew... lotta typing. Well, that's my opinion at least.

Seth

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back