Identification help needed: Captain Jack Harkness vest

CaptainHarkness

Hi, gang! Can anyone help me identify idea what style and brand of vest is being worn by Jack Harkness in the Torchwood episode "Fragments?" It seems like a vintage tactical vest, but what's throwing me is that it's backless, which gives it a really unique and distinctive look.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

Screenshot_20230219-085104_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230219-084917_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230219-084933_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230219-085229_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230219-085024_YouTube.jpg

It looks like it might be a "shooting gilet" also called a "shooting waistcoat" or "shooting vest" or "country gilet" etc.

They're a British thing for the sport called "hunting" in the USA but called "shooting" in the UK.

Though I don't recall seeing a backless one!

I did some searching and some of the closest things I could find where ones like these: [$39.99] Men's Fishing Vest Hiking Vest Top Outdoor Windproof Breathable Quick Dry Lightweight Cotton White Army Green Khaki Hunting Fishing Climbing / Multi Pockets / Multi Pockets
Its very hard to find one with that open back design, I think your best bet would be to figure out what the logo is on his chest. I tried looking but no dice.

Thank you! I was thinking that the logo might be a clue as well, but it's dicey trying to see it. That link you posted above is pretty close, so that might be a clue to what type of vest this is.

It looks like it might be a "shooting gilet" also called a "shooting waistcoat" or "shooting vest" or "country gilet" etc.

They're a British thing for the sport called "hunting" in the USA but called "shooting" in the UK.

Though I don't recall seeing a backless one!

I appreciate this! The terminology recommendations are a good lead.

So, after combining the searches recommended above, I think it's definitely a shooting gilet, but I'm stumped about the brand and specific style. The backlessness of the cut is highly unusual.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back