ID4 Alien attacker - found at last ! :)

natty15d

After years of searching i finally got my hands on an ID4 Alien attacker 2 ft model from Icons.
icon_cheering.gif

Won it on Ebay last week & had to wait on it arriving from the good old US of A.
icon_smile.gif

Well it almost arrived unscathed.
As soon as i picked up the box i could hear something rattling inside. Never a good sign when you know there is a one piece resin model inside.
icon_frown.gif

Anyway opened the box to find that the front of the mandibles had snapped off.
One was in one piece & a clean break, the other was in 6 pieces.
icon_frown.gif

Considering how these large boxes get handled at airports & post offices i suppose i should think myself lucky nothing else was broken.
10 mins later & a bit of superglue & it was all fixed up again.
Now i just need to fill a couple of tiny gaps & touch up the paint work.

IMG_0178.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0182-copy.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185-copy.JPG

IMG_0186.JPG

Untitled-1-copy.jpg

Nathan
icon_smile.gif

Yeah those are hard to find I got mine when Icons was still in business.I had to send it back a couple times.I got mine around the time UPS was on strike.When I got the first attacker it was broken one of the guns was snapped off.The lower crash cage was broken.Then the plexiglass was shatterd into a million pieces.The second one they sent out the plexiglas was fine it had a little crack in it though.The second attacker icons sent out it had a chunk missing out of the upper weapon pod,the weathering looked like bad graffiti,I sent that one back then third time is a charm.A perfect alien attacker I still have mine to this day.It has a base of the mothership that the attacker sits over like it was flying and a numbered plaque with certificate also.How much did you win it for on ebay?

WOW

Looks like i ended up no too bad after all considering how far its come.

Do you have a pic of the base.

Im going to have to make one for mine.

I managed to pick it up for $405.

Nathan
icon_smile.gif

You beat me out this auction by $5, arggggh!!

I forgot it about it as I bid under my AOL account navy2010. Too bad about the breakage though. I won a 33" Typhoon sub a couple of weeks ago on Ebay that USPS thoughly destroyed in shipping.

Thats a one piece model
jawdrop.gif
Sweet,ever thought about a little retooling, and recasting W/interior ? i know its wrong to recast right off but would it be so bad to re-tool, create an interior, and then mold for you and a few friends ?LMK,

Mike
clonetrooper_yellow.gif

Thanks guys
icon_smile.gif

Im REALLY happy with the model.

I would have loved to offer a few tricked out versions of the model but i dont think there would be enough interest.
Id love a hollw fibreglass version with a tricked out cockpit & a version of the captured Alien attacker.

The model was made up from various parts glued together.
It would be a nightmare to take it apart & cast it but it could be done.

If the interest was there it could happen.

Nathan

Let me be the first to sign up
icon_biggrin.gif
you never know what could happen
icon_wink.gif
Try posting on the replica props section and see if there is any intrest ,
Mike
clonetrooper_yellow.gif

Ive been thinking about casting this so could make a copy with interior, lights etc but the size of the ship puts it beyond my abilities.
icon_frown.gif

Nathan

What !!!!!!! It's not to hard to recast ,people do it all the time here j/K
icon_biggrin.gif
C'mon I know you can do it, why not recast the whole thing,and slush cast it i got a whole article I could send to you about slush casting and casting in general,if you want .

Mike

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back