ID Help - Jurassic Park Plates

Will do :)

"We spared no expense" - That is John Hammond's thing, me, I save every penny I can. As long as it doesn't hurt accuracy. One reason I spent over $86 on just getting the logo professionally scanned(then remade in illustrator for FREE ;) by myself)

Very wise policy. Thanks mate

No update really. I just wanted to post a picture since they are so much better than just words on a webpage.
Now this is just my logo printed on a basic A4 paper, but it gives you the idea of what it will look like.

JPoct11.jpg

:)

You already have any idea of the final selling price?

Maybe. Sort of. But I don't want to say anything until I know for sure. At which time I will start a new thread in the Junkyard.

I really don't want my first sale to be anything other than smooth and hassle-free with no delays or something similar. I have seen cool projects here that have gone "less than smooth" and that only causes problems. :)

A slight delay since the printing company decided to do a pi$$ poor job without checking the results before sending me this:

DSC_0039.jpg
(warning BIG image)

Theirs is the one on the left, "professional print". On the right side my cheap laserjet print. Using the same file by the way(!)

To be continued...

Bit of an update - finally ;) (about time :p)
Rylocan.jpg
(only a concept image)

I have some good news, bad news and awesome news. The good news is my back up plan worked. Bad news is I was not 100% satisfied with the results. So before settling with a subpar(in my mind) prop replica, I decided to go to plan C. My plan C turned out to be laser engraving. After weeks and weeks of searching, I found a single place in my vicinity. More bad news though, for whatever reason they couldn't do it apparently. I thought about shipping the plates to a different place much farther away here in Sweden. However I decided against it, mainly due to cost of shipping. Call it luck or whatever you want but about two weeks later I read an interview in the local paper. They were interviewing this small local business I did not know existed. The company laser engrave anything and everything, except for crystal. We e-mailed them back and forth. They had never engraved a plate, so they did a test and it worked beautifully. So I have handed over a dozen plates for engraving. They just need some time adjusting the art in order for it to work with their software, and also do some testing and making sure the JP logo gets engraved right in the middle where it belongs. So it shouldn't be that long now until I can post pictures and video of the final product :D and create a thread in the junkyard.

Hi there

Well over all I call it very good news :)
Pls keep us updated on this thread when the new thread on the JY becomes available.
Any aprox. idea of prices per plate?
Thanks for not letting this prop "die"

Hi there

Well over all I call it very good news :)
Pls keep us updated on this thread when the new thread on the JY becomes available.
Any aprox. idea of prices per plate?
Thanks for not letting this prop "die"

I have wanted this prop for over 20 years, although 20 years ago the young me would have settled with a JP logo on any plate :p no way I would let it die ;)
I'll keep posting updates here, that's the plan. I won't be able to post a link to the actual junkyard thread since it's against the rules but when the time is right you can simply use the search feature and search for threads created by me :)
Price... it's still not clear exactly how long it will take to engrave each plate. The longer it takes the higher the price apparently. But my best guess would be between $175 and $250.

Tough price... I hope I can afford one... Is this a limited run or are these made to order?!?

Seeing as how they stopped making the plates over 20 years ago ;) I can safely say it's a very limited run. Since I bought the plates I haven't seen any more. I got my hands on 12, and I will keep 2 for myself and sell the rest. So this is probably the only time they will be available. If I find some more I'll gladly do another run but that seems rather unlikely.
The price would have been WAY higher if I tried to break-even. Price will be for the plate, laser engraving, black paint and a sealer which should make the plates dishwasher safe.

I wouldn't consider to eat from it... ;)

Uh, man, let's hope I will have some funds left for this piece... Must-Have for me... Is there an option for a shipping insurance?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back