ICONS Authentic Replicas Interview clip?

A whole bunch of icons stuff showed up on ebay. Some of the pictures were from the french website that shows rare stuff from the icons range. The seller then said he was reported to ebay and paypal as the stuff was stolen?

Any ideas. I personally think the items were never really for sale. Why use pictures from other sites if you own the prop.

Item number: 180829744746
Lost in Space classic TV show B9 robot parts | eBay

Item number: 180829737435
Starship Troopers Roger Young spacecraft replica display | eBay

There were 10 items or so ranging from black hole gun, to ID4 attacker and more.
eBay My World: lascieldenarius

Dan Miller was the eBay seller's name !!! He mentionned to have COAs andoriginal boxes for some of the pieces but COAs and packaging were never made for those pieces...really weird !!! And yes, pics from other website.....odd !!

A whole bunch of icons stuff showed up on ebay. Some of the pictures were from the french website that shows rare stuff from the icons range. The seller then said he was reported to ebay and paypal as the stuff was stolen?

Any ideas. I personally think the items were never really for sale. Why use pictures from other sites if you own the prop.

Item number: 180829744746
Lost in Space classic TV show B9 robot parts | eBay

Item number: 180829737435
Starship Troopers Roger Young spacecraft replica display | eBay

There were 10 items or so ranging from black hole gun, to ID4 attacker and more.

The ID4 Attacker was something I always wanted. A lot of the Icons items I've filled in my collection from other sources (plated M1 endo skull, Sideshow arm, etcetera - you get the idea).

But the ID4 Attacker was oh so cool, and I know of few other sources - if any - to obtain the SS version.

A local retail here used to have on on display that I would routinely drool over...

Comes as no surprise to me.

I'm sure he is carefully crafting a response in which he is the victim. :rolleyes

As Jonathan Harris would say, "oh the pain, the pain!"

Seems like it. I was one of the many ripped off. So Latta and I were actually emailing each other. He stated to me that he was trying to throw ideas around in regards to refunding people. I wonder if some of the items up for auction are for that purpose? Yes I know it's a long shot. His has not emailed me back for a while now. Just FYI.

Geez guys...now I'm connected to a random eBay seller offering a bunch of Icons items that I have nothing to do with?

A separate thread evolved regarding the above, where I was attacked and not permitted to respond to. Sorry, but no, I have no idea who that eBay seller is and was just as concerned as anyone else here. The photos of the pieces appeared very odd to me too. As if they were taken in Icons conference room when the company was located on Sherman Way in Sun Valley, Ca. I was just giving this thread some breathing room as it kept getting bumped to the top of the front page here and made it look like I was begging for attention or something. Which I am not.

Some members have written to me and said to stop posting and others have said to continue to post. So I've just been trying to figure out what to do. It's that simple.

Anyone who emailed me directly will hear back from me shortly. I didn't ask them to write me to play games. Any refunds / trades or favors would have nothing to do with any Icons product as I have not had any Icons replicas in years. Unless a piece was found for sale and a deal struck for it or something. I just posted on here for the first time ever last month, so still getting my bearings.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nice to see your still willing to share your thoughts here Jim.
It was interesting to see how rumers and accusations were begining to
breed in this thread and the other one as well.....look forward to any
updates. :)

QUOTE:
Geez guys...now I'm connected to a random eBay seller offering a bunch of Icons items that I have nothing to do with? A separate thread evolved regarding the above, where I was attacked on and not permitted to respond to.

Sorry, but no, I have no idea who that eBay seller is and was just as concerned as anyone else here.

The photos of the pieces appeared very odd to me too. As if they were taken in Icons conference room on Sherman Way. I was just giving this thread some breathing room as it kept getting bumped to the top of the front page here and made it look like I was begging for attention or something. Which I am not.

Some members have written to me and said to stop posting and others have said to continue to post. So I've just been trying to figure out what to do. It's that simple.

Anyone who emailed me directly will hear backfrom me shortly.I didn't ask them to write me to play games. Any refunds / trades or favors would have nothing to do with any Icons product as I have not had any Icons replicas in years. Unless a piece was found for sale and a deal struck for it or something. I just posted on here for the first time ever last month, so still getting my bearings.

Thanks. __________________ James L.

Last edited:
I actually stayed with Roger Sides for a week in the early 90s during the 15 Yahren BSG Reunion. We visited the Universal prop dept and rented some BSG miniatures. Jim is right you could paint or change them and they didnt care. Got to try on Docs mind reading device from the first film while visiting the prop dept. :)

Perhaps a CD/DVD with all the pics :) and proceeds will go to "victims" Or some limited edition run of James Latta replicas and a COA letter with your signature (I'd seriously dig that) Or basic T-shirt sales :) I paid for a B9 and all I got was this lousy shirt! :behave :love :wacko :darnkids

"Got to try on Docs mind reading device from the first film while visiting the prop dept."

This prop was rented, replicated and the original and the replica ended up back at Universal Studios after the David E. situation. The replica was fabricated by a talented prop maker and was very quality made. I do not know if Universal ever figured out that it was a replica, but pehaps some of the BTTF experts here can find out.

Fredo of France, who as most know here has the most extensive collection of Icons prototypes in the world and runs the Icons Museum blog ( that was linked here ), tipped me off in regard to the eBay seller who evidently tried to sell some Icons prototypes that Fred has in his collection.

Fred acquired many of these pieces years ago and has had direct contact with me for some time. I do not know who that seller is, and would not have known anything about that situation if Fred had not brought it to my attention. Would be curious to know who they are and where they are based. Thanks.

I would like to know the pay pal account name that was used by the eBay seller who recently auctioned off all of those rare Icons prototypes, so that the seller can be called out by name here on the RPF.

If anyone won any of those fake items, which were eBay auctions that simply featured photos taken at Icons conference room back in 1997 and auctioned off as if they were real, please contact me directly via email at Genremedia@yahoo.com.

I will contact eBay's fraud department as well as Pay Pal's and cc any customer who was involved. As that seller made false representations and it seems someone involved is trying to pull me into this fiasco. I agree it is interesting timing. No dbout that may have been the plan. Post those fake eBay auctions of rare Icons, and then drag me into it here. Well that eBay account was verified with a phone number. And the pay pal account with a bank account. So the seller can be I.D.'d.

The good thing is whom ever received those pay pal payments can be found out by name. As thier pay pal account is linked to their bank account.

This is the kind of sheer lunacy that Icons had to deal with. And I would like to help get to the bottom of it immediately. Thanks.

Last edited:
Icons was before my time getting into prop replica / screen used props collecting. All I heard about was this story of founding and stuff - maybe there can be a RPF history section of past replica studios?

I didn't read everything, I gotta take some time this WE… sound interesting…

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back