Icons Artist Proof sealed Tie Fighter

Doc1964

I recently purchased a Icons Artist Proof Tie Fighter, still sealed in the box,haven't opened it yet,but the tension is killing me,leave it sealed or do a unboxing video, what are your thoughts on this,thank.

Attachments

• 20220325_121502.jpg
    20220325_121502.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Depends what kind of collector you are : If you want to enjoy the model for what is it, then open and display it. If you got it for speculation only, then leave it in the box.
I collect vinyl records and people call me crazy or stupid for actually playing them and not keeping them sealed.

You gonna stare at a white box seriously!!!! Display it man won't really devalue it since you have all the original packaging.

GFollano

It needs to be opened & enjoyed by you & the countless others out there that would love to see the contents other than the outside of a white cardboard box!.
I used to be like this, the dilemma of opening or not...lifes too short not to!.
I for one would be very keen to see an unboxing video!.

Stu

Depends what kind of collector you are : If you want to enjoy the model for what is it, then open and display it. If you got it for speculation only, then leave it in the box.
I collect vinyl records and people call me crazy or stupid for actually playing them and not keeping them sealed.
Hello Oliver,I see your point, I collect because I love Star Wars, been collecting for 45 years now,saw the movie when I was 13,at a drive in theater, I'm now 57,might as well open it,and enjoy it while I still have time lol.

I think we'd all enjoy seeing some photos of the model itself and it would be interesting to see the differences between the artist's proof and the production version.

Hello Oliver,I see your point, I collect because I love Star Wars, been collecting for 45 years now,saw the movie when I was 13,at a drive in theater, I'm now 57,might as well open it,and enjoy it while I still have time lol.
Hey, no judgment, I’m the same. When I was able to get a pre-order of the mandalorian soundtrack, i really hesitated to open it when I got it, after seeing that some were listing it for 3 or 4 times the retail price (up to $600 :eek:) and that they were actually selling. But in the end I opened and played it and I don’t regret it. I’m not planning to resell it, but if it get to that point, it’s not a Honda Civic, it doesn’t lose 50% of its value the second you open it.
However, I’m not going to name names, but there are a few individuals on the Star Wars board who turned the collecting hobby into a speculative business (like you really need 6 sealed copies of the Japanese Star Wars chronicles, just in case)

Anyway, we would love to see it now that you teased it. But if you had to sell a kidney to purchase it, I’d understand your hesitation.

Last edited:
Nah, don't ever open it. You will lose half its resale value... just like driving a new car off the lot!

Also, be sure to get it x-rayed to verify that you actually received what you paid for. Then please post the x-ray pics on the forum for us to see!

;)

Last edited:
Nah, don't ever open it. You will lose half its resale value... just like driving a new car off the lot!

Also, be sure to get it x-rayed to verify that you actually received what you paid for. Then please post the x-ray pics on the forum for us to see!

;)
X-ray it,that thought never crossed my mind,but anyway, I'm going to open it,make a unboxing video on it,I'm pretty sure if I don't open it,someone eventually will.As far as the resale value on it,now that thought never crossed my mind,I love Star Wars with all my heart and soul,been collecting since I was able to at 13 years old,I'm now 57. It's no secret to how much I paid for it,I'll let the whole world know right here, right now, $2100...yep you are seeing this correct, $2100 once again. Now 2 things can happen when I open this up. Number one,I will look like the biggest fool on You-tube ,or number 2,...I got the deal of the century! A box that's been sealed, and the contents inside of it not seen since it was sealed up for 25 years,thats a very long time.

I too recently came into the same delima as Doc1964. I also lucked into and recently purchased an Icons Artist Proof #41 ICONS Tie Fighter. A warehouse find, still factory sealed in the box. I applaud Doc for his restraint. I however have every intention of unboxing this item ASAP and will post an opening video of the same. ETA for shipping arrival is Oct 31st and once my schedule allows with family an opening party will commence. I'm giddy with excitement as if I just won the lottery as I've been searching for this item since purchasing the ICONS X-wing back in 1995. Stay tuned for next posting with video and pictures.

Yes, but they are artist proof rocks. So better keep them boxed, value might raise in the future :p
Better open it and see condition, these were known to warp in time, I've seen some Icons X-wing the wings were badly warped. BTW I had both and sold them not the best castings, the X-wing paintjobs were horrible.

Last edited:
Better open it and see condition, these were known to warp in time, I've seen some Icons X-wing the wings were badly warped. BTW I had both and sold them not the best castings, the X-wing paintjobs were horrible.
You do realize that my post above was ironic...

SarcMark-LG.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back